Author Topic: Anyone catch Steven Tyler signing the national anthem at the AFC Championship?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I agree with the top commenters.  It sounded like Steven Tyler.  It's not Pavorotti, but I've heard plenty of worse renditions.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I think it sounded like Steven Tyler on a good day. Idunno what people are complaining about. The guy is a rock star, not a classically trained vocalist. If you want Carrie Underwood, get Carrie Underwood. If you want Steven Tyler, the best you're ever gonna get is exactly what he did.

Honestly, when I read the criticism, I cringed, expecting to hear him singing flat, missing notes, adjusting the melody to fit his aging vocal chords. Instead, when I listened to the song, I was surprised that he sang the melody more or less how it goes - as opposed to all those classically trained vocalists who basically rewrite the song to showboat their talent. He didn't sing flat, didn't miss notes. The only thing he did to part with the traditional rendition was the signature Aerosmith high scream at one point. It just sounded like Tyler.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
I was surprised he didn't attempt to put his signature on the anthem. Maybe it is older vocals, but I was pleasantly surprised he sang it in a ore traditional manner.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The crowd was into it, also.  Which begs the question.  Which insignificant JournoTard is trying to get a name for their self, starting a false controversy?