Author Topic: St. Gabby will retire from the House  (Read 2291 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
St. Gabby will retire from the House
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:31:43 PM »
Ever since the shrieking spittle-flecked Tea Party chambered a round and fired it into Gabriel Giffords' head, the Leftists have canonized her and prayed for her to triumphantly return as their own living martyr. Not gonna happen, at least this go-round.

Don't get me wrong, I pray for Gabriel Gifford's swift and full recovery. But the Left shames her, in the same way they shamed the memory of the late Paul Wellstone at his memorial. They cannot put filters on their shameless tendencies long enough to see that a woman being shot in the head is not an opportunity for demagoguery.

Rep. Giffords to resign from Congress this week

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona announced Sunday she intends to resign from Congress this week to concentrate on recovering from wounds suffered in an assassination attempt a little more than a year ago.

According to officials in Washington, her resignation, first disclosed on the congresswoman's Facebook page, is expected to take effect on Monday...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: St. Gabby will retire from the House
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
  Who picks her replacement?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »
Under state law, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer must call a special election to fill out the remainder of Giffords' term.

The voters.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
And then whoever it is will run again in the fall for the new term, hopefully she picks wisely and that person can build a small credible track record to keep that seat in the fall.

I also must give some credit to Giffords, this is the right action to take for her health, her family and her district.

But whoever the Dem's throw up in the fall, no doubt it will be a shrill anti-2nd amendment type full of zeal to fully exploit Giffords' situation.  The fall could be interesting in this district.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »

Her district is next to the 7th which wants to separate from Az.
It's also on the border, wouldn't hold expectations too high.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:28:41 PM »
I just watched the video she made that was produced for her - highly produced - and I can't help but think the video was made with the intention of having it in the back pocket for down the road. Assuming Giffords makes a full or near full recovery at some point in the future, and no longer suffers from the severe brain damage that is quite obvious in the video now, having this video to pull out at a senate campaign kickoff as a comparison and evidence of St. Gabby's "fighting spirit" will be a boon for the Leftists.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 02:50:28 AM »

I perceived the production being a necessity of her condition.
She probably will never achieve the level of function and stamina
necessary to assume national office.

I pray that she continues to recover and that she and her husband
have a normal and happy life.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »
At least Giffords will no longer be trampled by a crowd of liberal Democrats calling themselves her "good friend" when they actually barely knew her before she was shot . That lurid tableau of self-serving Dems vying with each other to be "Gabby's Best Buddy" made me want to puke . Sadly enough , the political facts of life would seem to indicate that she will be largely forgotten in a few years except when that ocassional gun control legislation raises its ugly head .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:01 AM »
At least Giffords will no longer be trampled by a crowd of liberal Democrats calling themselves her "good friend" when they actually barely knew her before she was shot . That lurid tableau of self-serving Dems vying with each other to be "Gabby's Best Buddy" made me want to puke . Sadly enough , the political facts of life would seem to indicate that she will be largely forgotten in a few years except when that ocassional gun control legislation raises its ugly head .

Yup. If I remember correctly (don't care enough to check) she was a bit of a "maverick" on the Dem side, wasn't she? Breaking with the Dems occasionally to vote with the Republicans? IIRC, she would have been a legislator they'd just just as soon have knifed in the back as anything.

And you can bet your sweet bippy they'll be trotting out her name as a gun control tool. And it doesn't seem like that Wasserman Schultz dude is going to ever let people forget how the Tea Party shot her good friend Gabby Giffords.

God, these people make me sick. Human scum.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if this next session the "Gabby Giffords Memorial Gun Control Act of 2012" is offered up, and anyone opposiing it will be labeled a supporter of assassins.  I'd love to have that debate, but, no doubt the bedwetting GOP leadership will screw up that opportunity nine ways to Sunday!!!

::gaah::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »

Yup. If I remember correctly (don't care enough to check) she was a bit of a "maverick" on the Dem side, wasn't she? Breaking with the Dems occasionally to vote with the Republicans? IIRC, she would have been a legislator they'd just just as soon have knifed in the back as anything.

And you can bet your sweet bippy they'll be trotting out her name as a gun control tool. And it doesn't seem like that Wasserman Schultz dude is going to ever let people forget how the Tea Party shot her good friend Gabby Giffords.

Now that you mention it, Washerwoman does bear a striking resemblance to Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister fame.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »

Now that you mention it, Washerwoman does bear a striking resemblance to Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister fame.

Hi Oh!!!

::laughonfloor::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
Seriously.  Does this not look like the roadkill rug atop her misshapen melon?

At least Twisted Sister never did anything to diminish our liberties. The only thing Twisted Sister ever did was to not take (it) anymore.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:17:00 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly