Author Topic: Dollar Being Isolated  (Read 41688 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Dollar Being Isolated
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:49 AM »
Oh I fully agree so don't worry about any harping.  My point was merely obvious eye-poking of the fiat-peddlers gloating over the fact that (for now) some see one species of fiat as being a better store of value than another...they want to have their cake and eat it too...to hold that status is to merely say a significant consensus finds it expedient to grant it that status...nothing is permanent and to your point circumstances can and will change...and what people value today may not be the same regardless if it is a fiat/currency value or intrinsic value.  In the short-term while fiat has value and can be converted into intrinsic value, the conversion into the latter will have a better long-term value than the former which can be replaced at any time.  PM's cover both, but your point about other commodities, which we have discussed often among ourselves here is accurate...many things will be valued in a SHTF economy.  TP while plentiful and innocuous now, will be a lot more valuable for instance.  A diversified portfolio of SHTF items is a good idea.
 ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »
We planted potatoes this year to see if we could raise them.  I had a friend remark that while he knew many who gardened in Virginia when he was a kid, he doesn't remember anyone planting potatoes because they were so plentiful and cheap.  And they pretty much still are ............ until they aren't.  So ... we'll see how we do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »
I planted Yukon Gold, supposed to be nummy, have grown other varieties and they work.  I employ the trench method...seed the trench, cover with dirt as they grow, after a few times they are established and then it is just a function of time.

Trying spinach too, hope that works.  And carrots which for some reason can be iffy at times.  And onions.  Tomatoes and peppers and lettuce pretty standard.

Hope it goes well for you!   ::cool::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2017, 09:14:39 PM »
We planted potatoes this year to see if we could raise them.  I had a friend remark that while he knew many who gardened in Virginia when he was a kid, he doesn't remember anyone planting potatoes because they were so plentiful and cheap.  And they pretty much still are ............ until they aren't.  So ... we'll see how we do.

Wait I'll be there ASAP and we can experiment together. I teach you and you teach me. And It's sauce.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2017, 06:59:42 AM »
 ::ohno::

The Great Sauce vs Gravy Wars have re-ignited!

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2017, 07:38:30 AM »
Uhhhh...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-24/somethings-breaking-yuan-suddenly-spikes-2-month-highs

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-25/bitcoin-blows-throuigh-2500-2600-2700-overnight-south-korea-demand-soars

Who is blowing up these skirts?  We know they are not "risking" anything...kabukinomics ya know?

I do like the one comment about "How do I short this?", gotta love it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2017, 07:21:09 AM »
Yeah...uhh huh...we've gone down this road before...BTC...ETH no different...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-12/putin-meets-ethereum-founder-create-national-virtual-currency

Paper fiat, digital fiat...it's still fiat!

Interesting dialogue in the comments, some have merit, others don't...

What I get out of this is that fiat of whatever form is a perishable commodity...I like non-perishable commodities that will always have value, and not just PM's, it's good to have a healthy mix of all sorts of in-demand barter goods.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-12/china-launches-yuan-ruble-payment-system

The effect of which is TBD...

Right now this is just a bilateral thing...it needs traction and expansion to make a real dent in the dollar...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2017, 07:31:37 AM »
This makes no sense to me...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-20/doomsday-preppers-are-switching-allegiance-gold-bitcoin

...a not insignificant possibility confronting any serious prepper is an EMP attack...how exactly will you be able to access let alone use your Ether-coins when it all goes dark?

I'm pretty sure PM's are impervious to EMP waves...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-20/doomsday-preppers-are-switching-allegiance-gold-bitcoin

...a not insignificant possibility confronting any serious prepper is an EMP attack...how exactly will you be able to access let alone use your Ether-coins when it all goes dark?

I am SOOO kicking myself.  Back when the greek bank bail-ins were occuring I saw some folks were moving money from the country with bitcoin... I went to Michelle and said "I want to put $1000" into bitcoin as a hedge to have money on the other side of a border if we are forced to cross  one. . She looked at it and said.. "it seems pretty scammy".  I have to admit it did (and still does) - it was  a fiat after all, run mostly by dark net types for money laundering.. .  In the end we decided we had better uses for that $1000 which would be about $800,000 now.

B

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »

I am SOOO kicking myself.  Back when the greek bank bail-ins were occuring I saw some folks were moving money from the country with bitcoin... I went to Michelle and said "I want to put $1000" into bitcoin as a hedge to have money on the other side of a border if we are forced to cross  one. . She looked at it and said.. "it seems pretty scammy".  I have to admit it did (and still does) - it was  a fiat after all, run mostly by dark net types for money laundering.. .  In the end we decided we had better uses for that $1000 which would be about $800,000 now.

B

Speculation is all about timing...and not being run over by insiders...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2017, 07:31:24 AM »
It is kinda hilarious...how can a communist nation be considered a "market economy"?!  There very essence of Communism is State control, of everything...which for morons means their economy as well.  So how can one compete as an independent capitalist company against a State-run entity?  The State can manipulate the sh*t out of everything...just has China has done, is doing and wants to be rewarded for doing.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-30/us-fights-chinas-market-economy-status-threatens-future-wto

There is only one reason for China to push this...to use it as their excuse, lame as it may be, that the US isn't being fair to the poor little communist nation with half the worlds population in de facto bondage...

Another milestone along the path to isolating the dollar, marginalizing American economic dominance and become to bully of the world that America just can't seem to get right...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »
Terrorist-harboring Pakistan opts out of dollar in favor of yuan...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-21/pakistan-plans-replacing-dollar-yuan-trade-china

...maybe that will make it harder for terrorists to fund operations against us...if they're stuck with yuan?!

:D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2017, 07:58:57 AM »
Crypto Billionaire kidnapped, snuffed...who knows...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-29/bitcoin-exchange-ceo-kidnapped-leaving-office

Cyrpto billionaires...it's a different world innit?!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-21/pakistan-plans-replacing-dollar-yuan-trade-china

...maybe that will make it harder for terrorists to fund operations against us...if they're stuck with yuan?!

This may explain why Trump cut millions out of their aid package.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »

This may explain why Trump cut millions out of their aid package.

This is pretty unequivical -

Trump rips Pakistan in first tweet of 2018:

President Trump blasted Pakistan in his first tweet of 2018, saying its leaders have given the U.S. “nothing by lies & deceit.”

“The United States has foolishly given Pakistan more than 33 billion dollars in aid over the last 15 years, and they have given us nothing but lies & deceit, thinking of our leaders as fools,” he said Monday morning.

“They give safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan, with little help. No more!” he added.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/366965-trump-rips-pakistan-in-first-tweet-of-2018

Fricken Paki's have been nothing but parasites living off of both sides in the WOT, time to make them put up or they can FOAD!

We should have sided with India decades ago, would have cut the Russians and Chinese out and put asswipes like Pakistan on notice we see no difference between them and any other batshyt muzzie sh*thole.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2018, 12:41:24 PM »
  They did what they were allowed to do by our idiots in DC!  Don't blame them the fault lies in DC as usual.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2018, 02:13:23 PM »
All this cowardly "certification" BS, it's assclowns like Ted "Drown Your Date" Kennedy that dreamed up sh*t like that!

Congress needs a purge, Foggy Bottom, the Pentagon, the NSA, CIA, FBI...every damned department...yes, we are hampered abroad mostly because we are hampered at home!

The amount of diseased material to rid ourselves of is seemingly beyond anyone's ability to achieve!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »
See what I said the other day about Pakistan and India?

This is timely -

https://www.weaselzippers.us/369603-pakistani-islamist-leader-calls-for-using-nuclear-weapons-against-israel-to-free-jerusalem/

Yeah, that crap is in Pakistan...and is a proven threat to India, US and Israel...

Cut off the Paki's!!!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »
See what I said the other day about Pakistan and India?

This is timely -

https://www.weaselzippers.us/369603-pakistani-islamist-leader-calls-for-using-nuclear-weapons-against-israel-to-free-jerusalem/

Yeah, that crap is in Pakistan...and is a proven threat to India, US and Israel...

Cut off the Paki's!!!
[/quote

Only in a sick mind does destroying Jerusalem set it free.  Does he have any idea where Palestine is?? Does he think the Israel is just going to sit there and wait to die??   Or will Israel set the Pakis on Hell Fire!
 Filippo Mazzie