Author Topic: Dollar Being Isolated  (Read 41694 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Dollar Being Isolated
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
Canada made their choice, chooses China over the US...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-10/petrodollar-panic-china-signs-currency-swap-deal-qatar-canada

...let that sink in a bit, it is not as dire as some would believe, not in the short term, but longer term, if this trend continues...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2014, 08:53:40 AM »
New world currency, by 2018.

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/flashback-1988-get-ready-for-a-world-currency-by-2018%E2%80%B3-the-economist-magazine/

Interesting, in that this was made in 1988.

But...it is still fiat, I will not welcome it!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 08:11:07 PM »
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31c4880a-c8d2-11e4-bc64-00144feab7de.html#axzz3UDuBuXa6

Nothing to see here  move along

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31c4880a-c8d2-11e4-bc64-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3UDviHaVv

The Obama administration accused the UK of a “constant accommodation” of China after Britain decided to join a new China-led financial institution that could rival the World Bank.

The rare rebuke of one of the US’s closest allies came as Britain prepared to announce that it will become a founding member of the $50bn Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, making it the first country in the G7 group of leading economies to join an institution launched by China last October.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31c4880a-c8d2-11e4-bc64-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3UDvqttXk

Thursday’s reprimand was a rare breach in the “special relationship” that has been a backbone of western policy for decades. It also underlined US concerns over China’s efforts to establish a new generation of international development banks that could challenge Washington-based global institutions. The US has been lobbying other allies not to join the AIIB.

Relations between Washington and David Cameron’s government have become strained, with senior US officials criticising Britain over falling defence spending, which could soon go below the Nato target of 2 per cent of gross domestic product.

A senior US administration official told the Financial Times that the British decision was taken after “virtually no consultation with the US” and at a time when the G7 had been discussing how to approach the new bank.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31c4880a-c8d2-11e4-bc64-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3UDvtuobL

We are wary about a trend toward constant accommodation of China, which is not the best way to engage a rising power,” the US official said.

British officials were publicly restrained in criticising China over its handling of Hong Kong’s pro-democracy protests while Mr Cameron has made it clear he has no further plans to meet the Dalai Lama, Tibet’s spiritual leader — after a 2012 meeting that prompted a furious response from Beijing.

While Beijing has long been suspicious about US influence over the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, China also believes that the US and Japan have too much control over the Manila-based Asian Development Bank. In addition to the AIIB, China is the driving force behind last year’s creation of a Brics development bank and is promoting a $40bn Silk Road Fund to finance economic integration with Central Asia.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31c4880a-c8d2-11e4-bc64-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3UDvwTmqT

The Obama administration has said it is not opposed to the AIIB but US officials fear it could become an instrument of Chinese foreign policy if Beijing ends up having veto power over the bank’s decisions.

The UK Treasury denied that Britain had acted out of the blue, saying there had been “at least a month of extensive consultation” at a G7 level, including with Jack Lew, US Treasury secretary.

George Osborne, UK chancellor of the exchequer, was unrepentant, arguing that Britain should be in at the start of the new bank, ensuring that it operates in a transparent way. He believes it fills an important gap in providing finance for infrastructure for Asia.

“Joining the AIIB at the founding stage will create an unrivalled opportunity for the UK and Asia to invest and grow together,” Mr Osborne said. He expects other western countries, which have been making positive noises privately about the new bank, to become involved.

Beijing launched the AIIB in October with the backing of 20 other countries but Japan, South Korea and Australia —US allies in the region — did not become founding members. There has been a strong debate within the Australian cabinet about whether to join, after US pressure to stay on the sidelines.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31c4880a-c8d2-11e4-bc64-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3UDvz6v00

A decision by the major economies to join now would give up leverage they might have over the AIIB as it was being set up, the US official said. “Large economies can have more influence by staying on the outside and trying to shape the standards it adopts than by getting on the inside at a time when they can have no confidence that China will not retain veto powers.”

Mr Osborne’s decision reflects London’s desire to pursue commercial relations with China aggressively, even at the expense of antagonising Washington.

When Mr Osborne visited Beijing in 2013 he said he wanted to “change Britain’s attitude to China”. The chancellor hailed the British government’s sovereign renminbi bond issue in October, the first by a western government. The UK has been keen to establish the City of London as a platform for overseas business in the Chinese currency as it starts to play a bigger role in the global economy.

The House of Commons foreign affairs committee said last week the British government should press China harder to introduce political reforms in Hong Kong. The committee also said it was “profoundly disappointed” at the “mild” response of the government when MPs were prevented from visiting Hong Kong in November during the protests.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
Nothing to see here.  Move along

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-17/plan-b-major-european-allies-desert-obama-join-china-led-infrastructure-bank

The pviot to the East is happening.  Once they have the systems in place that they need, they will start dropping the dollar  for trade in an orderly fashion, and start flooding the US with its own currency as they buy up any  resources not nailed down, and probably some that are.

So  get ready for serious price inflation...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
I didn't overread this article...Australia is an Asian nation...it makes sense they should hedge their bets...the big decoupling is yet to happen, so the actual Go/No Go is not yet breached in a PONR respect.  This is the Obama and everybody in America is evil and everybody in Russia and China and Iran are God's gifts to mankind ZeroHedge we are talking about after all.  Grain of salt.  See where Europe goes and the traditionally friendly to America regions of Asia , then fence-sitters will then have to choose.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2015, 02:27:25 PM »
I am not saying its complete.. only more dominoes are falling - dominoes that used to be our allies, dollar centric and western culturally.

UK, Australia, France, Germany, and Italy...  I don't think its insignificant.  The realingment will take years, maybe a decade, but it is happening, and these are signposts on the way to the destination.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2015, 06:44:52 AM »
Agreed. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2015, 08:23:53 AM »
Well, bullstuff!  We should have known the one obvious wildcard in the mix!  Yes, that long-time anti-American jackanapes Barrack Hussein Obama...accelerated things by waving the white flag!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-22/washington-blinks-will-seek-partnership-china-led-development-bank

I'm embarrassed...I should have seen it coming...

::unknowncomic::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »
To expect anything less  would have been, well, embarrassing. ::unknowncomic::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2015, 06:52:52 AM »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2015, 07:05:09 AM »
This will in the end(soon)destroy our economy as if it's doing well. The Fed will be just an entity of a decrepit broken down country that refused to thwart it's printing of money from those that loaned it to you in the first place.

Thinking this will nail the coffin shut on the practice of devaluing this currency as nobody will want to use it. Good bye libtards, this is going to be a serious butt hurt.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »
The China Play...first the SDR, then, the world!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-09/spelling-out-big-reset

Sure, it could work.  Why not?

Comments I think hit the mark the best -

1)  Buckaroo Banzai

Martin Armstrong has proposed a debt-for-equity swap whereby all Treasury bills and bonds will be redeemed for coupons.

"In this case, we would swap out the federal debt of $18 trillion into coupons that are redeemable for the purchase of private equity. You would then take the coupons and invest in stock. Since large corps are buying back their shares now, they do not need the money. This will go to entrepreneurship starting up businesses or expanding small business. It would provide a stake in the nation for all for the lower class would actually become investors. The “rich” make money from investment, not wages.

Of course there will be people who criticize this idea. They have no practical solution for there is no other choice. You reach the point of no return. Governments are causing DEFLATION and destroying everything as they hunt money. That will collapse the world economy and they are TOO STUPID to comprehend what they are doing until it is too late. The hard money guys have already sent nasty emails, but their world is precisely what Germany is imposing in Europe. They are handing the people over to the bankers for go ahead, back bonds with gold and how do you pay your mortgage.

There is no practical solution and EVERY debt crisis has involved either a DEFAULT or some sort of haircut. Any way we slice it, the next downturn will present solutions that hand more money to the bankers and you will see revolution next time. We either seriously look at how to end this cycle of perpetual borrowing, or go build a cabin in the woods far from everything. We are rapidly reaching the point of no return."

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/03/30/28763/

It's an interesting idea.

Armstrong also proposes a new international currency similar to SDRs that all national currencies would float against, and that nations would use to settle international trade flows with.

2) CrazyCooter

While I don't disagree, I think our leaders/elite are too selfish and ... well ... frankly, psychopathic.

What I really think we are going to see is (1) they hang on to the old system and (2) debtors prisons/punishment.

It will just be the next phase of the strip mining and most people have no idea the sovereignty they inherited and will go along trying to stay one set of chains ahead of the gang.

I haven't given up on humanity, it has a kind heart most of the time, but it is also catfish stupid on average.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:23 AM »
"In this case, we would swap out the federal debt of $18 trillion into coupons that are redeemable for the purchase of private equity. You would then take the coupons and invest in stock. Since large corps are buying back their shares now, they do not need the money. This will go to entrepreneurship starting up businesses or expanding small business. It would provide a stake in the nation for all for the lower class would actually become investors. The “rich” make money from investment, not wages."

Wait, what?  These coupons would then just become another form of limited currency. Just like vouchers for tires, gasoline and pantyhose during the second world war.   If you need tires, gasoline or pantyhose they are great,  but you would need to trade them  to someone who did need those things  in order to get something else. If I am a startup- why do I take these "coupons"  in trade for my stock? Can I buy machines with them? Pay employees?  - No I can only buy stock - apparently in other startups.  Why would blue chips even sell stock for these now that they own most of their stock again?

They are based on debt that will never be repaid-- or be repaid at pennies on the dollar - so why would I take these coupons in payment for anything?  unless I am taking enough of these pennies on the dollar to make up for what I am selling?  This is just like issuing a new Blue dollar that is the equivalent of a  green $1000 bill.  It has  a 1910 $1 purchasing value. The haircut still happens. No one is fooled. Well, no one with a brain anyway. And its only good for Buying Stocks?  Again, how does that help me buy a can of beans? 

The really scary thing would be if they revalued individual  mortgage  debt in Blue dollars- and now you have to pay 1000 times more for your mortgage payment than you were. And they may try that. They certainly have elsewhere as bankers try to grab all assets when the currency goes down ( So if Gold does shoot to $50,000 because China does make this play - go pay off your house with a few gold coins you found while scuba diving..)

If China is smart, they will start using this process or something similar when issuing their new cash..  put 1/20 of a gram in each note and then make the face value 10-20X the gold content value.  Most trading will continue to be done electronically, so the scam can continue.. but its great marketing for them.. and will help ensure that real, printed Yuan ( or whatever) is what is held in reserve currency vaults. 

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:51:31 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
I agree, of the two scenarios Crazy Cooters is probably the most likely (which is like your Blue dollar example), but I also agree with you on that gold-based/valaurum type of set up, that idea has legs to stand on, more than the status quo nothing-but-paper option that's been in play now, that's for certain!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »
What can one use to disinfect the humongous bite in the ass when the beast turns round to bite everyone within reach of it's jaws?  ::deercorn::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2015, 06:38:57 AM »
Lead?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2015, 07:54:53 AM »
The coming SDR gold standard...

So once completed, the SDR basket valuation will consist of the following stores of value:

US Dollar

Japanese Yen

British Pound

Euro

Renminbi

and Gold.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-12/gold-backed-sdr-quite-likely-happen-lses-lord-desai-warns

And then the currency wars really kick into high gear...

Meh, like one war or another isn't going to happen...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »
Mexico Dealing itself in to the new Reserve  buy minting silver coinage tied to the Peso. 

I could see this being used a lot along the border .. and having that spread - especially if the SDR/YUAN thing isn't ready for prime time when this goes. Granted, mostly they are trying to sell you on Mexican Silver coins, but this is the first I headr that the Mexican government has a clue about what they could( and should) be used for.

Via a infowar article

they talk of the Euro collapsing first.. and many Sheeple will  probably "run to the dollar for safety" and that may buy time. Maybe even years of it.  My mistake before was underestimating the stupidity of the sheeple. Its is boundless.  We know that because of swaps, the euro and the dollar are almost functionally the same currency now,  but the sheeple will trade for dollars anyway.  This is just going to be long and drawn out and very, very painful.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:29:00 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2015, 07:01:14 AM »
Crack the whip, the herd moves...repeat with sickening monotony...

::unknowncomic::