Author Topic: Rush talked about this today:disposable income  (Read 1401 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Rush talked about this today:disposable income
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »
I always suspected this was the case. 

Tonight's stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the "Evil Empire", Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year." And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper - it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world's most generous entitlement system. Perhaps if Reagan were alive today, he would wish to modify the object of his once legendary remark.

Look at the chart at the link.

Makes. Me. Sick.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Rush talked about this today:disposable income
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »
I've seen a similar chart before, about a year ago if memory serves me.

It is utterly disgusting. And even more disgusting is the Democrats fever pitch effort to create more of this dynamic in order to solidify their grip.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 03:09:43 PM »

It is utterly disgusting. And even more disgusting is the Democrats fever pitch effort to create more of this dynamic in order to solidify their grip.

Ah, yes. IN a year or so I will "retire" to the  Mountains, with no debt, lots of savings and then live the good life hiking, fishing, ATVing, kayacking and just generally lounging about  and living on other people's dollars - just doing my part to bring this F'ing system down.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »

The article was written in 11/10, so you probably have already seen it.  Not surprised Rush brought it up again; the situation has only gotten more egregious since then.

This stuck out:

One can only also hope that in addition to seeing their disposable income be eaten away by a kleptocratic entitlement state, that the disappearing middle class is also selling off its weaponry. Because if it isn't, and if it finally decides it has had enough, the outcome will not be surprising at all: it will be the same old that has occurred in virtually every revolution in the history of the world to date.

No, "it" isn't, and very soon, "it" will have had eee-nuff.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »

One can only also hope that in addition to seeing their disposable income be eaten away by a kleptocratic entitlement state, that the disappearing middle class is also selling off its weaponry.

::hysterical::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »
Yeah, I know, LV.  Hysterical, right?

People are being impoverished and stolen from and this jerk HOPES we'll just go along to get along.  I hope HE wears his chains lightly.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »
I'm sure there are many - maybe millions - of people who consider themselves "conservative" or "constitutionalists" or "centrists" or "independents" who would hands-down prefer slouching into totalitarianism than to deal with the messy business of revolution, if it comes to it.

If and when the time comes, those who dare to fight had better do so understanding that they will be in the extreme minority. Maybe not in sentiment, but surely in action.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
I'm sure there are many - maybe millions - of people who consider themselves "conservative" or "constitutionalists" or "centrists" or "independents" who would hands-down prefer slouching into totalitarianism than to deal with the messy business of revolution, if it comes to it.

If and when the time comes, those who dare to fight had better do so understanding that they will be in the extreme minority. Maybe not in sentiment, but surely in action.

Already happened in 1775 to 1783. I'm reading  His Excellency: George Washington by Joseph J. Ellis.  It's pretty clear to me from reading this book that the enthusiasm for the war died out within about 6 months of it starting (among the general population).  GW had hoped to field an army of believers but had to resort to promises of pay and use of hanging for deserters to keep an army together.  There was really no earthly reason for the Americans to be victorious. GW was in harm's way more than once and many of his battles didn't go well.  It was Divine Providence.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:57:05 AM »
I remember this article.  Pretty much reaffirmed for me there is a point where Going Galt is necessary, not just an option.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »

There was really no earthly reason for the Americans to be victorious. ...It was Divine Providence.

In our desire to return to a strict interpretation of our Constitution
and to return America to a societal construct envisioned by our
founding fathers we should also emulate the thoughts and deeds
that brought their goals to fruition.  Take a knee.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
People getting assistance think they have a right to be put on the same economic level as workers. No longer is it a help "to get by on" until better times.

You'd think these people getting their government money wouldn't fall prey to class envy since many probably live better than the employed.  But they do because they will never escape the truth that they are losers and can't cut it.