Author Topic: 15 Questions The Media Would Ask Obama If He Were A Republican  (Read 2965 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 15 Questions The Media Would Ask Obama If He Were A Republican
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
And that's just for openers!  I can whip up several sub-questions to each of those 15 as well as dozens of new ones!!!

::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »
Newt, Mitt and Rick ought to copy that list for the next debate and focus less on each other.  They can use it to vie for who can cause the biggest Media Party head explosion.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
Newt, Mitt and Rick ought to copy that list for the next debate and focus less on each other.  They can use it to vie for who can cause the biggest Media Party head explosion.

::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »

Now that would make a debate worth watching. ::cool::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
Nice dream, would be great to see.  Unfortunately I doubt it will happen.  Willard is behind in the polls and has a bullseye on Newts chest, there is no way Mittwit will agree to lay off.  The only thing that would get Willard to agree is if Newt backs out of the race, and that ain't happening.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
I also think Glenn Beck is on the verge of completing his slide into irrelevance with the anti-Newt diatribes and emails.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
Damn, Beck's got a point though Glock. The things he's sounding the alarm about are real. Gingrich HAS claimed progressives as his heroes and role models, and he HAS been for taxpayer funded universal health care. He DID buy into cap-and-trade. He is a big government guy all the way.

My only hope is that he has come to new understandings over time, and that the dire situation the nation is in is creating new revelations about the need for conservative solutions rather than government solutions. Same with Romney. If we're destined to have to vote for one of these two guys or not vote at all, I just pray that the rhetoric they're spewing now is closer to how they really think than either of their records reflect. It feels ludicrous to even say it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »
Damn, Beck's got a point though Glock. The things he's sounding the alarm about are real. Gingrich HAS claimed progressives as his heroes and role models, and he HAS been for taxpayer funded universal health care. He DID buy into cap-and-trade. He is a big government guy all the way.

My only hope is that he has come to new understandings over time, and that the dire situation the nation is in is creating new revelations about the need for conservative solutions rather than government solutions. Same with Romney. If we're destined to have to vote for one of these two guys or not vote at all, I just pray that the rhetoric they're spewing now is closer to how they really think than either of their records reflect. It feels ludicrous to even say it.

What you say is true.  What is also true is his voting record, in most cases, belies his big-government mouth.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »

What you say is true.  What is also true is his voting record, in most cases, belies his big-government mouth.

And his deeds.

And his deeds.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »
Well, as Don (I think it was Don) said a day or two ago, at least Newt did SOME conservative things in the 90s. He has a record of having done some conservative things. So I guess that makes him pretty much better than Romney.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »
Well, as Don (I think it was Don) said a day or two ago, at least Newt did SOME conservative things in the 90s. He has a record of having done some conservative things. So I guess that makes him pretty much better than Romney.

Let's face it, still a crap sandwich, but with better bread.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »
Beck is right about those things, but what is to be gained by him sniping at Gingrich from his right flank? He essentially pulled a Coulter and deemed the voters of SC dumb. Who, then, should they have voted for instead? If Beck can provide a credible answer to that I might consider his criticisms constructive.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »
Tonight I listened to Tom delay (radio) claim it was he, army and a few others who dragged newt to the contract with America. Where he lost me was the interviewer asking how newt became speaker....if he wasn't conservative. Delay admitted newt was part of the team who put it together.....

I dont remember delay as I should, but he was self serving in the interview.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 09:03:47 PM »
My worries over Newt are alleviated by his public record and the fact that I think people like Ryan in the leadership can keep any concerns which may manifest in check, provided more leaders like Ryan can be elected and elevated to leadership.  I cannot say I have that same confidence in Willard being held to account.  So to me the biggest issue is what kind of leadership will a new POTUS have?  More McConnell & Beohner or more Ryan's?  Romney, McConnell & Beohner is one troika that scares the crap out of me, you can argue it is better than Obama, McConnell & Boehner, but to what degree?

Plus, my BS detector is going apesh*t right now, with so many Repub's & Establishment talking heads going after Newt, I can only conclude their animosity goes deeper than beating Obama, and that makes me think Newt warrants support on that score alone!

Plus, these weak attempts to sully Newt's relationship with Reagan (the Elliot Abrams article I saw out there somewhere offered nothing, and then there is this -

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/what-reagan-thought-newt_618549.html

Wow, a policy dispute, my God those never happen even among the best of friends!  Quick, dump Newt!

Jeesh, give me a freakin' break!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »
Tonight I listened to Tom delay (radio) claim it was he, army and a few others who dragged newt to the contract with America. Where he lost me was the interviewer asking how newt became speaker....if he wasn't conservative. Delay admitted newt was part of the team who put it together.....

Hey, ya'll gettin' Michael Berry up there, he's fun.  The Beaumont Bomber.

As I remember it, the Contract was Newt's idea and DeLay was the whip and
Newt drove him nuts because he came in with a new idea every day and DeLay
said we've got a plan we stick with the plan until it's executed.  They were successful
but their personalities were diametrically opposed. And IIRC J-or K (money) street
was more DeLay's (bundling money) idea.  Think that's right 'cause geniuses like
Newt have bigger thoughts than the mundane bundling of money, that's for lesser
persons.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 10:20:21 PM »
That seems to be the way I recall it too CO, Delay was a nuts & bolts guy all the way.  And Newt was always full of ideas, read his book that came out after gaining Speaker, whoa, he rambled from one thought line to another, made for a bit of a hectic read I recall.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »

And for those of us trying to convince someone who should know better here's
a look at an Obama campaign ad.

MittvMitt.com: The story of two men trapped in one body

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 11:19:55 PM »

Hey, ya'll gettin' Michael Berry up there, he's fun.  The Beaumont Bomber.

As I remember it, the Contract was Newt's idea and DeLay was the whip and
Newt drove him nuts because he came in with a new idea every day and DeLay
said we've got a plan we stick with the plan until it's executed.  They were successful
but their personalities were diametrically opposed. And IIRC J-or K (money) street
was more DeLay's (bundling money) idea.  Think that's right 'cause geniuses like
Newt have bigger thoughts than the mundane bundling of money, that's for lesser
persons.   

Berry, yea. It was his first show in Nashville. Wish I had more time to listen, but your assessment is correct. Newt was an idea guy and spewed them like water. Delay was good at keeping the ships rudder straight. I don't think it is reason for delay to, of sorts, throw newt under the bus. It smacks of establishment....not that delay was, but there were those who wanted the status quo and those, like delay and army, who wanted to implement the plan that all put together.

I've worked with idea guys. Sometimes it is difficult to keep them on task, but I never faulted them for their passion. I wanted passionate people. They were dedicated, even if swayed to change an idea.

If this is the type of leader we get with newt, then he will need his "delay" guy again. I'll take those odds over Romney.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 07:02:57 AM »
Yup, if Newt gets in his most important appointment will be CoS, followed by AG, TreasSec, SecDef & State!