Author Topic: Fried food heart risk 'a myth'  (Read 924 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Fried food heart risk 'a myth'
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:54:36 AM »
It is a "myth" that regularly eating fried foods causes heart attacks, researchers have found, as long as you use olive oil or sunflower oil.

The latest study, published in the British Medical Journal, found no association between the frequency of fried food consumption in Spain - where olive and sunflower oils are mostly used - and the incidence of serious heart disease.

However, the British Heart Foundation warned Britons not to "reach for the frying pan" yet, pointing out that the Mediterranean diet as a whole was healthier than ours.

"A well-balanced diet, with plenty of fruit and veg and only a small amount of high fat foods, is best for a healthy heart.”

Ya gotta hand it to them; despite this current research, and other recent research indicating dietary fat does not cause arterial inflammation, heart disease, diabetes and obesity, that the culprit is carbohydrates -- even high fiber/complex -- they keep on keeping on with their bullsht.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Fried food heart risk 'a myth'
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »
Keep picking on us Yank's too, the Limey bastids!

"Fried foods from modern American-style takeaways were different, they argued, because these tended to have been cooked in re-used oils, higher in transfats."

Yeah, eat your sunflower oil sprinkled whateverthehell, you just shot your "balanced" theory to hell!  Plus, how about spots in the world where people eat a high fat diet, like native Eskimo's and the Japanese, don't see them keeling over  by the bushell!  And, what always gets my goat, these idiots always neglect to state all people are NOT the same!  People react differently to any chemical compound entering their bodies!

"In addition, such takeaways tended to contain much more salt, known to increase blood pressure and heart disease risk."

I think salt can affect blood pressure, but the link to heart disease in general in tenuous and fails to account for other factors, salt in and of itself is no culprit.

::)

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
Here's the reality that is painful to progressives in general: your health, your temperament, your intelligence, your ambition, and so on, are largely genetic. They hate the thought of this because a cornerstone of progressive thinking is the idea that environmental circumstances are far more influential, hence their dogmatic belief that by altering these environmental factors they can plan/build/manage us into a Utopia.

Eat what you like, in moderation. Your health and natural lifespan are already 75% determined by your genes. No need to make yourself miserable in a futile effort at circumvention.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
I like it, G!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »
...a cornerstone of progressive thinking is the idea that environmental circumstances are far more influential, hence their dogmatic belief that by altering these environmental factors they can plan/build/manage us into a Utopia...

...Except when it comes to homosex. Then, for the liberals, it's 100% genetic, in spite of a gross over-representation among homosexuals of people who were sexually abused as children compared to the general population. Nope. all about the genes. Born that way.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
A low-salt diet is generally NOT good for people who don't already have heart issues; the body needs it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
Eat what you like, in moderation. Your health and natural lifespan are already 75% determined by your genes. No need to make yourself miserable in a futile effort at circumvention.

Also exercise and take your meds.

Circumvention is futile for we are all mortal; however, our lives are not
predestined and what we do in our day to day life will affect how it all
plays out.