Author Topic: Unions threaten local business.  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Unions threaten local business.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
The unions seem to be stuck in some sort of time and/or space vortex. They have reverted (if they truely ever left) to the old school type of union behavior where intimidation, payoffs, bribes and threats were commonplace.

Sad. The world has left them behind. In a time where liberals belief the earth and its inhabitants all evolved from ooze, unions haven't  evolved at all. They are still primal sludge.

There is still some sludge covering the floor at Madison

I do believe that is sledge on the bottom of...its feet.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 11:06:37 AM »
The unions seem to be stuck in some sort of time and/or space vortex. They have reverted (if they truely ever left) to the old school type of union behavior where intimidation, payoffs, bribes and threats were commonplace.

Sad. The world has left them behind. In a time where liberals belief the earth and its inhabitants all evolved from ooze, unions haven't  evolved at all. They are still primal sludge.

There is still some sludge covering the floor at Madison

I do believe that is sledge on the bottom of...its feet.

Michael Moore is a late riser...
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 11:31:11 AM »

I'm sure Daddy's so proud of his boy. And worried because there hasn't been any sound from the basement for a few days.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »
 ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

I'm sure Daddy's so proud of his boy. And worried because there hasn't been any sound from the basement for a few days.

"UNION proud"
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »
Here's another one to file under "UNION proud", workers at the taxpayer bailed-out Chrysler on a little break:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
Liberal "diversity" in Madison

If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Here's another one to file under "UNION proud", workers at the taxpayer bailed-out Chrysler on a little break:

Gotta click the linky thingy,  Glock . . .

Come, on, dude! They don't ALL smoke pot . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »
This is what union workers look like in case you've never seen one:

http://www.ge.com/audio_video/ge/advertising/line_dance.html

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »

Phhht. "Happy-go-lucky" is not in the top 10,000 characteristics I would use to describe the craven petulance we've seen unfolding for the last three weeks.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 07:42:18 AM »
It's a fact that the DNC and AFL - CIO were instrumental in bring out of staters into Wisconsin for the Madison demonstrations the only question is how much was spent .

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »

Phhht. "Happy-go-lucky" is not in the top 10,000 characteristics I would use to describe the craven petulance we've seen unfolding for the last three weeks.

I was thinking more on the lines of 'work ethic', you know, how much work gets done while they're on the clock. :)
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: UPDATE: Unions threaten local business.
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:23 PM »
ACE has some context on the Police Union leader threatening local businesses. Apparently there is some blowback from rank and file cops who don't like the implications of what their "leader" has done. And I did not know until today that the union leader responsible for the threats, Jim Palmer, is not a cop. He's a f**king dirtbag lawyer.

UPDATE to WI Public Union Extortion Letter

In yesterday's thread, we got a heartening response from some LEOs who are horrified by Palmer's threatening letter to businessowners who supported Walker.

Patrick Dorwin at Badger Blogger:[blockquote]the tactics of the WPPA are wrong. Our police officers are entrusted with a great responsibility, and they swear to do their job, upholding the laws of Wisconsin, no matter what their personal opinions might be.[/blockquote]More from a Badger with a badge.[blockquote]And two weeks ago, John Balcerzak, the former president of the Milwaukee Police Association—the collective bargaining unit representing rank-and-file Milwaukee police officers and detectives—e-mailed WTMJ radio to distance sworn law enforcement officers from the WPPA executive director. “Jim Palmer is not a police officer,” Balcerzak noted. “He is a lawyer.”

As SF noted in an earlier post, during heated political discourse, labor unrest, or civil strife, law enforcement officers become the uniformed arbitrators of fairness.

One section of The Law Enforcement Code of Ethics reads, “I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions,”[/blockquote]I guess Mr. Palmer never actually ran this letter idea by a few of the the rank-and-file. If he had, an actual police officer could have told him that it wasn't a good idea and would besmirch the integrity of all WI LEOs.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
Unless and until they take decisive positive action about Palmer, I'm going to consider this the "good cop" to Palmer's "bad cop".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 02:24:04 PM »
Unless and until they take decisive positive action about Palmer, I'm going to consider this the "good cop" to Palmer's "bad cop".

!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie