Author Topic: "Danger, Will Robinson!" RIP Dick Tufeld  (Read 1269 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
"Danger, Will Robinson!" RIP Dick Tufeld
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
The voice of the "Lost In Space" robot, Dick Tufeld has passed away. He was 85. Died at home with family while watching the NFL playoffs.

Verum Serum posted on this here.

LA Times obit is here.

Me? I didn't much care for any of the Irwin Allen television shows but "Lost In Space" was the least offensive of the lot and I did think the robot was cool. I always liked the way that it caused Dr. Smith so much grief.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: "Danger, Will Robinson!" RIP Dick Tufeld
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

RIP, Mr.Tufeld.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »
The Time Tunnel!  I remember watching that!

RIP
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »
I loved "Lost in Space". That show took some very, very odd twists and turns. And rather like the classic Ginger vs Maryanne debate, I was always fond of Penny, even though Judy was supposed to be the blossoming young hottie.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson