Author Topic: Newt Vs. Mitt  (Read 5927 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Newt Vs. Mitt
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »
Trust?  That ain't gonna happen; flew out the window forever over George Bush's "compassionate conservatism".  I'll abide his presence, whoever it is, tolerate him, and watch him like a hawk.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »
For me it started going out the window as soon as Bush I promised to continue the Reagan Revolution then promptly shot it to hell.  Trust?  Heh, I hope that was a joke!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 02:02:47 PM »

Is there not one politician who can be trusted?
Perhaps there are two politicians who can be trusted?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
Only so far CO, only so far.

Bachmann is running for reelection in my district since exiting the POTUS campaign, I trust her to do what she can to advance conservative principles and try to reign in the insanity and try to grow Tea Party influence in congressional races to gain more allies, but not enough people are doing that and the clock is only ticking faster, not slower.  I support, encourage and applaud the effort.  Am I so invested that I think it will have time to work and stave off the inevitable?  Probably not, but gotta do something in the meantime, eh?   And Bachmann has the most trust I am willing to give anyone, how much you think I have for lesser politicians?

;)

I have my caucus coming up Feb 7th, I have a feeling I am going to roll in there angry looking to pummel all Romney supporters and laugh at all PaulBots.

It's gonna be a hoot!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »

Bachmann is running for reelection in my district since exiting the POTUS campaign, I trust her to do what she can to advance conservative principles and try to reign in the insanity and try to grow Tea Party influence in congressional races to gain more allies, but not enough people are doing that and the clock is only ticking faster, not slower.  I support, encourage and applaud the effort.  Am I so invested that I think it will have time to work and stave off the inevitable?  Probably not, but gotta do something in the meantime, eh?   And Bachmann has the most trust I am willing to give anyone, how much you think I have for lesser politicians?

;)

I have my caucus coming up Feb 7th, I have a feeling I am going to roll in there angry looking to pummel all Romney supporters and laugh at all PaulBots.

It's gonna be a hoot!

Take film and  post it on you tbube.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »

;)

It's gonna be a hoot!

I would if I knew how, I am not shy to say a lot of modern technology is starting to outsmart me...I'm lucky if I can snap a decent pic on my cellphone!

::bashing::

;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »

;)

It's gonna be a hoot!

I would if I knew how, I am not shy to say a lot of modern technology is starting to outsmart me...I'm lucky if I can snap a decent pic on my cellphone!

;D

I didn't say I could do any of it myself,I was hoping you could.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »

Palin says:

"You gotta rage against the machine, at this point in order to defend our republic and save what is good and secure and prosperous about our nation, we need somebody who is engaged in sudden and relentless reform and isn’t afraid to shake it up. Shake up that establishment.

So, if for no other reason to rage against the machine vote for Newt, annoy a liberal. Vote Newt. Keep this vetting process going, keep the debate going."

http://tv.breitbart.com/sarah-annoy-a-liberal-vote-newt/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »

;)

It's gonna be a hoot!

;D

I didn't say I could do any of it myself,I was hoping you could.

Heh, ain't we a pair!

::hysterical::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »
While I can hold my nose and vote for Newt, no way in Hell will I ever pull the lever for Romney. Just as soon let the country go to sh!t so we can recover sooner. ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »
Yeah, if the GOP is gonna kill itself, might as well kill it off real good, can't say that isn't a just punishment for their betrayal of We the People.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
Once again Conservatives find themselves between a rock and a hard place.
We have the probable nominee, a a north east establishment liberal republican, an avowed Wilsonian progressive, a neocon who wants to fight with everyone and legislate everyone's morality and everyones crazy uncle

The Tea Party supports Newt who is on record as favoring the individual mandate. Of course he has been on both sides of every issue depending on the day of the week.
None of the first three give even lip service to a smaller government.

Ron Paul is effectively labelled a loon and never stood a chance anyhow.

Many of us here have thrown our support behind Newt while a few of us have said none of the above.
It just shows our desperation that we're willing to fool ourselves to justify Newt as the ABR (anyone but Romney) candidate

The odds are long against Newt getting the nomination. He's not on the ballot in Va and appears likely to lose Florida.
Our best hope is to keep Romney from sewing up the nomination before the convention and hope that a brokered convention doesn't give us Jeb Bush. Personally, that doesn't give me a lot of hope.

I predict that Obama wins a second term. Possibly because of a split in the Pubs and third party but mostly because of lack of enthusiasm.
And I still say that Hillary and Biden swap places which will seal the deal

charlesoakwood

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »

If Santorum gains on Romney the machine will attack him just as
his is attacking Newt.  When Romney's machine start publicizing
his support for closed shop that in itself will cost him too many votes.

AP, I'm beginning to believe our best chance is a brokered convention,
I'd settle for Newt but they are going to do the same to him as they
have to the rest of the Tea Party candidates.

IIRC Eisenhower came out of a brokered convention.  If we get an
Eisenhower we'll be OK.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »

Eisenhower we'll be OK.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts if that happens we don't get an Eisenhower.  We'll get another Ruiling Class idiot instead of a Palin.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
Once again Conservatives find themselves between a rock and a hard place.
We have the probable nominee, a a north east establishment liberal republican, an avowed Wilsonian progressive, a neocon who wants to fight with everyone and legislate everyone's morality and everyones crazy uncle

The Tea Party supports Newt who is on record as favoring the individual mandate. Of course he has been on both sides of every issue depending on the day of the week.
None of the first three give even lip service to a smaller government.

Ron Paul is effectively labelled a loon and never stood a chance anyhow.

Many of us here have thrown our support behind Newt while a few of us have said none of the above.
It just shows our desperation that we're willing to fool ourselves to justify Newt as the ABR (anyone but Romney) candidate

The odds are long against Newt getting the nomination. He's not on the ballot in Va and appears likely to lose Florida.
Our best hope is to keep Romney from sewing up the nomination before the convention and hope that a brokered convention doesn't give us Jeb Bush. Personally, that doesn't give me a lot of hope.

I predict that Obama wins a second term. Possibly because of a split in the Pubs and third party but mostly because of lack of enthusiasm.
And I still say that Hillary and Biden swap places which will seal the deal

I would not bet against much of that, other than the Hillary thing, if the dynamic in the GOP side changes away from a Romney nomination, but she has time to make the decision.  If the match up looks tougher for Obama, she'll bolt, if it looks like a cakewalk over Romney, she might consider it.

Either way, you are dead on right, we are desperate to latch onto Newt, but at least he fights Democrats.  Santorum will not make it, baring a series of miracles, and Paul is not winning the GOP nomination and will have to decide if he wants to be a dick or not and run 3rd party, if he does, it complicates things hopelessly and likely gets Obama elected for sure.  If Romney sews it up, I think Obama & the Left pummel him harder than McCain got pummeled, and he loses even if Paul stays out.  That Newt is the only hope the right has is desperate, but it is what it is.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
I saw Fred Thompson on television a couple days ago. He's old, but he's still out there. I think in a brokered convention, he could unify.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
Hoping on a brokered convention not to screw the pooch...

Now, that's...what's lower than desperate?

::falldownshocked::

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »
It doesn't sound like Paul will go 3rd but I can see the possibility.
I think he wants to have clout and some say in the direction of the party.

As far as Fred, he's probably the laziest candidate.
His wife probably wants it more than he does.

I also think she's the sharper of the two

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 12:06:07 PM »

Eisenhower we'll be OK.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts if that happens we don't get an Eisenhower.  We'll get another Ruiling Class idiot instead of a Palin.

And I'll bet the sprinkles that you'd get Paul...   ::speechless::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 12:07:15 PM »
It doesn't sound like Paul will go 3rd but I can see the possibility.
I think he wants to have clout and some say in the direction of the party.

As far as Fred, he's probably the laziest candidate.
His wife probably wants it more than he does.

I also think she's the sharper of the two

::rimshot::