Author Topic: Duluth's "Awareness Campaign"  (Read 1189 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Duluth's "Awareness Campaign"
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
Liberals put up billboard calling all white people racist

One of these days, I'm going to blow a gasket over this sht.

H/T rayra
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Duluth's "Awareness Campaign"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
Duluth has been and continues to be extremely leftwing batsh*t crazy, and probably 90% white.

I would like to see ad space available for a "it's hard to see race-baiting pimps when you're black" campaign, but God forbid that brand of racism be called out!

They, as always, can KMA and FOAD!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »
Why can't I be in places like that when they ask a passer-by a question ? I never get the opportunity to say ; " Whoever came up with this stupid idea can go straight to hell ! "  ::cussing:: ::outrage::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »

They may have done that shot ten times before they picked the winner.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:41:59 PM »
  "Making more jobs for us and more oportunity for us"??Make them yourself for yourself!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Yet another example of stuck on stupid.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
The liberalism of Minnesota dumbfounds me. I cannot explain it, and it is embarrassing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
I am more aware now.

This campaign has made me aware that White  people do have advantages Black people don't. For one thing most white people had parents who told them they  were expected to become responsible, hard-working, moral and self-sufficient adults, who needed to take control of our own destiny.  Most black people were raised to be lazy, entitled porch monkeys, so it is really unfair to expect them to ever behave like those hardworking white people, and to think that they ever could is obviously racist.   Hire white people. They have the advantages provided of a culture that values the attributes I desire in an employee, and black people predominately engage  in a culture that avoids and glorifies the opposite.

I thank the City of Duluth for that time saving tip!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »
GAHH!

Examples of privilege might be:

I can walk around a department store without being followed;
I can come to meeting late and not have my lateness attributed to my race;
I am able to drive a car in any neighborhood without being perceived as being in the wrong place or looking for trouble;
I can turn on the television or look to the front page and see people of my ethnic and racial background represented;
I can take a job without having co-workers suspect that I got it because of my racial background;
I can send my 16-year old out with his new driver’s license and not have to give him a lesson how to respond if police stop him.

I am priviliged because most people of my color don't shoplift.
I am priviliged because most people of my color can arrive on time.
I am priviliged because most people of my color do not case homes for future robberies
I am priviliged because most people in America are also my color ( and what shows are they watching? What newspapers are they reading?)
I am priviliged because no special programs exist to promote me unfairly and without merit  based solely on my skin color . (you have to love that one!)
I am priviliged because teenagers my color don't commonly engage in crime.

It sure seems a like a lot of my white privileges stem from belonging to a group that statistically likely to engage in certain behaviors and not in others. . Ah, but noticing that is "racist" isn't it?

Yes, yes it is , because it fails to

Dismantle internalized dominance and the belief in the racial superiority of self as a white person

Yeah. For some reason I think good behavior and habits matter, no matter the color. Damn racist am I.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:10:57 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
Excellent Weisshaupt!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 07:31:01 AM »
Indeed, bravo Weisshaupt!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »
I am able to drive a car in any neighborhood without being perceived as being in the wrong place or looking for trouble;

Good luck driving in a "diverse" neighborhood.  The cops will assume your little white @$$ is either out looking for drugs or hos, and confiscate your car.  ::laughonfloor::