Author Topic: "Science deniers" and heretics to be "exposed"  (Read 3385 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Science deniers" and heretics to be "exposed"
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
Concerned that too many “deniers” are in the meteorology business, global warming activists this month launched a campaign to recruit local weathermen to hop aboard the alarmism bandwagon and expose those who are not fully convinced that the world is facing man-made doom.

The Forecast the Facts campaign — led by 350.org, the League of Conservation Voters and the Citizen Engagement Lab — is pushing for more of a focus on global warming in weather forecasts, and is highlighting the many meteorologists who do not share their beliefs.

“Our goal is nothing short of changing how the entire profession of meteorology tackles the issue of climate change,” the group explains on their website. “We’ll empower everyday people to make sure meteorologists understand that their viewers are counting on them to get this story right, and that those who continue to shirk their professional responsibility will be held accountable.”

So far, the campaign has identified 55 “deniers” in the meteorologist community and are looking for more. They define “deniers” as “anyone who expressly refutes the overwhelming scientific consensus about climate change: that it is real, largely caused by humans, and already having profound impacts on our world.”

“These climate denier meteorologists are betraying the public’s trust and distorting America’s airwaves with ideological science denial,” the liberal publication reported, listing the names of a majority of the campaign’s identified “deniers.”

Forecast the Facts is currently pushing for signatures to their petition, which calls on the American Meteorological Society (AMS) to pass a new official statement on climate change.

“I urge the AMS Council to immediately pass a new information statement that reflects the widespread scientific consensus that climate change is increasingly impacting our planet, and then vigorously promote that statement to AMS members,” the letter reads.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/30/global-warming-activists-seek-to-purge-deniers-among-local-weathermen/#ixzz1l39aKxHj

O rly.  So, there's to be a witch-hunt, is there, with a public burning via a campaign to fire the flagrantly faithless?

Behold the quest for the truth by the ever-tolerant Left.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: "Science deniers" and heretics to be "exposed"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:30:21 AM »
It is refreshing to note that here in the Twin Cities, the longest serving chief meteorologist in the market, Dave Dahl working for the ABC affiliate, has been a staunch AGW denier from the very start. And he's a very knowledgeable and articulate denier too.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »
I used to love it when Joe Bastardi snorted his AGW disbelief before, for whatever reason, he disappeared from the airwaves.  He gave O'Reilly the business a couple of times as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
It's boggling to me, though, that their threats are so overt now.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »
It's boggling to me, though, that their threats are so overt now.

Desperation mode. Just like the Obama administration and the Left at large. They see that they can't win unless they go all-in. All chips on the table.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:47:39 AM »
So saith the State Science Institute, eh?  Non-beleivers must be destroyed, for the collective good!  If you exchanged "Climate Change Denier" with "Muslim" the cries of religious bigotry, hatred and racism would be deafening!

How interesting it is that people call those not willing to be bullsh*tted the deniers when it is they how are denying us the abilitiy to think for our fricken selves.

This is a direct assault on our liberty, the core of our nation, and it will not stand!

These Wesley Mouch's are on notice that I am watching them, they pull thier Nazi BS in my view, they're gonna need to be fed with a straw.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »
I used to love it when Joe Bastardi snorted his AGW disbelief before, for whatever reason, he disappeared from the airwaves.  He gave O'Reilly the business a couple of times as well.

He's off running his own company, now.  You can still read him occasionally on WUWT.  As well as the original reporting on this story that's now a week old, including the inevitable tracing back of the website and organization to a bunch of Soros funded leftist trash.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »
Hey!  Thanks, 'Hawk; glad to know Bastardi's prospering.  I don't often get around to WUWT, but I'll have to remedy that.... seeing as how I posted old stuff.  ::saywhat::

;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:59:48 AM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »
FYI -
http://wattsupwiththat.com/

Good one stop shop!

::thumbsup::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
LINK

Micha Tomkiewicz, a professor at Brooklyn College determined not to "let the deniers win again," equated opponents of global warming policies with supporters wrote on Earth Day 2012.  "But what about climate change deniers? Can we really compare the two, the Holocaust and climate change?"

Answer: Yes, he argues. "Despite the fact that Hitler published the first volume of his manifesto, Mein Kampf, in 1925, where he laid out his philosophy, he was, nevertheless, democratically elected as German Chancellor in 1933," Tomkiewicz explained. "Few people believed in 1933 that he would seriously try to accomplish what he preached or anticipated the consequences that resulted from his actions."

Apparently they'll give just anybody a degree these days - no matter how completely stupid they happen to be. Oh, and as an added bonus we are also treated to that vaunted democrat 'new tone' in the very same article! It's a two-fer!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
Too bad the green agenda is going up in green smoke, even after Obama spent billions in green that wasn't his on bullsh*t green crap that fails so spectacularly!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/05/17/the-global-renewable-energy-index-is-crashing/

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 02:57:09 PM »
They see that they can't win unless they go all-in. All chips on the table.

So if they lose, they'll go away? ::whoohoo::

Rhetorical question.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
LINK

Micha Tomkiewicz, a professor at Brooklyn College determined not to "let the deniers win again," equated opponents of global warming policies with supporters wrote on Earth Day 2012.  "But what about climate change deniers? Can we really compare the two, the Holocaust and climate change?"

Answer: Yes, he argues. "Despite the fact that Hitler published the first volume of his manifesto, Mein Kampf, in 1925, where he laid out his philosophy, he was, nevertheless, democratically elected as German Chancellor in 1933," Tomkiewicz explained. "Few people believed in 1933 that he would seriously try to accomplish what he preached or anticipated the consequences that resulted from his actions."

Apparently they'll give just anybody a degree these days - no matter how completely stupid they happen to be. Oh, and as an added bonus we are also treated to that vaunted democrat 'new tone' in the very same article! It's a two-fer!

Not once does it occur to him that HE's the one approaching the "problem" in Hitlerian fashion.

Blech.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.