Author Topic: Catholic Bishops to Obama on health care diktat: Pound sand  (Read 6247 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Catholic Bishops to Obama on health care diktat: Pound sand
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
You just know there was a large contingency within the Catholic church that was dying for some justification to enter back into the Leftist fold after King Barack's proclamation. For those, this "accommodation" was a godsend.

It would not surprise me in the least to learn that the hardline proclamation was just part of an overall strategy to make the proclamation, deal with the agitation over it, and then offer this "accommodation" to make it all better, thereby getting exactly what they want: religious institutions paying for contraception against the doctrine of the church, while those same institutions fawn over how "reasonable" the administration is.

"See how reasonable our Leftist masters are? They only try to do what they think is best for their subjects, but when the subjects don't like it, they will make accommodations." That's the story moving forward.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »
You just know there was a large contingency within the Catholic church that was dying for some justification to enter back into the Leftist fold after King Barack's proclamation. For those, this "accommodation" was a godsend.

It would not surprise me in the least to learn that the hardline proclamation was just part of an overall strategy to make the proclamation, deal with the agitation over it, and then offer this "accommodation" to make it all better, thereby getting exactly what they want: religious institutions paying for contraception against the doctrine of the church, while those same institutions fawn over how "reasonable" the administration is.

"See how reasonable our Leftist masters are? They only try to do what they think is best for their subjects, but when the subjects don't like it, they will make accommodations." That's the story moving forward.

Very soon the fed will have ot make accomodations for armed citizens refusing to pay taxes and States leaving the union and using State Militias to defend their citizens rights to not fund the Federal government when that government has declared the document that formed it null and void.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
Coburn: Debate about birth-control mandate “blown out of proportion”

Before your BP soars, read the rest of exactly what he said ......

Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn — a stalwart against government overreach — disagrees with the Obama administration’s mandate that even religiously-affiliated employers provide employees with insurance that covers contraception, but he doesn’t think it represents a particularly drastic departure from the president’s other policies.

“This is blown out of proportion,” he said. “It is an important point in terms of religious liberty, but it’s a consequence of having too big of a government.”

Coburn acknowledged that the program has “professed benefits,” but said “in the long run we all lose when the government is that involved in our life.”

“There’s nothing wrong with their motivation — they’re well-meaning people,” he said. “But the consequence is that we lose liberty.”

Perhaps he has a point; after all, it’s not as though this were the first indication we’ve had that the president wants to prescribe what constitutes “health care.” As Daniel Henninger writes in The Wall Street Journal, inflexibility has long been a hallmark of those who seek to transform the nation for the public good:

Older Americans have sought for years to drop out of Medicare and contract for their own health insurance. They cannot without forfeiting their Social Security payments. They effectively are locked in. Nor can the poor escape Medicaid, even as the care it gives them degrades. Farmers, ranchers and loggers struggled for years to protect their livelihoods beneath uncompromising interpretations of federal environmental laws. They, too, had to comply. University athletic programs were ground up by the U.S. Education Department’s rote, forced gender balancing of every sport offered.

With the transformers, it never stops. In September, the Obama Labor Department proposed rules to govern what work children can do on farms. After an outcry from rural communities over the realities of farm traditions, the department is now reconsidering a “parental exemption.” Good luck to the farmers.

The Catholic Church has stumbled into the central battle of the 2012 presidential campaign: What are the limits to Barack Obama’s transformative presidency? The Catholic left has just learned one answer: When Mr. Obama says, “Everyone plays by the same set of rules,” it means they conform to his rules. What else could it mean?

If Coburn had meant that objectors to the mandate are overly dramatic to link it to religious liberty, then I would have vehemently disagreed with him. In that sense, the debate is not “overblown.” But if what he means is that we should have woken up before now — and that this doesn’t fundamentally change the fight we’re waging, which is to repeal Obamacare entirely — then he’s right. An exclusive focus on the Obama administration’s overreach in the case of the contraception mandate just isn’t quite broad enough: We still need complete repeal.

He's wrong about that -- THEY ARE NOT WELL-MEANING PEOPLE.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »

He's from the g'mnt and he means well.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »

He's from the g'mnt and he means well.

Sure.

And I went to bed last night at 4' 10" and woke up this morning a lanky 5' 7".

We're better off presuming none of them mean well -- for us.  They mean well for the benefit of themselves.

Anyway, he's another one who's retiring.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
If Stymiecare is Federal Law how can the administration make these tweaks without congress writing the exceptions and voting on them ... or is that yet to come ?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
If Stymiecare is Federal Law how can the administration make these tweaks without congress writing the exceptions and voting on them ... or is that yet to come ?

They are lawless, that's how. Look at what they did yesterday with "No Child left Behind". An abomination of a law, yes, but it IS the law of the land, passed by both chambers of congress and signed by the exective - you know, the old fashioned way.

But the Obama regime hands out "waivers" to 10 states? Lawless.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »

Silly person, Stymie don't need no Congress ....

Lemme 'splain it to ya:  Stymiecare gave HHS Czarina Sebilius the authority to "decide" ("the Secretary shall decide....") a wide variety of details not spelled out in the 3,000 page bill, including what "religious institutions" means.  Imagine how big the damn bill would have been if they got more specific.

See page two here >>>>

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/290699/gospel-according-obama-charles-krauthammer?pg=2
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:47:54 PM by Pandora »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »

They are lawless, that's how. Look at what they did yesterday with "No Child left Behind". An abomination of a law, yes, but it IS the law of the land, passed by both chambers of congress and signed by the exective - you know, the old fashioned way.

You don't know the half of it ....

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,4798.new.html#new

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »
And, of course, we have Mrs. Holy Roman Catholic adding her two cents:

Pelosi: Republicans Want 'to Use the Excuse of Religious Freedom' to Harm 'Women's Health'

"The excuse".  The woman is detestable; beneath contempt.

And since when do women have a right to free contraceptives?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:01:53 PM by Pandora »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 05:24:27 PM »
I find it absolutely shocking how the narrative has turned lockstep into Republicans wanting to "harm women", when what is being discussed is a new mandate that has never before existed.

I don't know how these people wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and live with themselves throughout each day. I would think that the self-loathing would be so overbearing that suicide would be the only solution. The only answer is pure, unadulterated evil.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:19 PM »
Since I'm not Catholic (no, I'm not having a Neimuller instant here) I don't really have a dog in this hunt. Sorry (Catholic) folks but this truly is your "come to Jesus" moment. If you do not stand here & now against evil you forfeit any right to future protest.

I want to stand with you but you gotta man up y'all.

Or, as Nancy Reagan once put it...."Just say NO!"

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - I Won't Back Down

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
Everybody has to stand up, Soup, Catholics, all other Christians sects, Jews, all other believers and non-believers, to defend the Constitution.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
Everybody has to stand up, Soup, Catholics, all other Christians sects, Jews, all other believers and non-believers, to defend the Constitution.

As much as I agree with that all I can say is good luck with that. This is where the leaders of the churches make a little noise and go away. What this need is for Rome to take a stand here in D.C. on the senate floor where the world can see it and put this baby to sleep once and for all.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
I read somewhere that The Lutheran Church is about to weigh in - on side with The Catholic Church. I'll see if I can't find that article. Naturally it isn't going to be universal but if a sufficient number of high-profile voices shout their outrage Øbongo will be forced to back down.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:25 AM »

He's a vindictive little bugger, he is.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »

You don't know the half of it ....

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,4798.new.html#new

I knew I was asking a loaded question but I figured ... what the hell .
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:39:55 AM by Sectionhand »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »

And there is only one right answer in this fight, anything else spells certain doom.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2012, 12:37:16 PM »

Pelosi: Republicans Want 'to Use the Excuse of Religious Freedom' to Harm 'Women's Health'

For over 2,000 years the Catholic Church has had the same position and for some reason there are still women left among us. You would think that by now we(Catholics) would have killed them all off.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »

For over 2,000 years the Catholic Church has had the same position and for some reason there are still women left among us. You would think that by now we(Catholics) would have killed them all off.

::laughonfloor::

Someone sent this to me yesterday:

Women’s Health = Not Having Babies
Of course, all of us have now heard that contraception is a very, very important part of Women’s Health™ (can someone help me register that as a trademark because I think that would be kind of funny if I owned it?).

We’ve had this fact pounded into our skulls by the current administration and their media minions.

Women’s Health™ (yes, I’m going to keep writing it like that and in fact, every time you read it I want you to go “Ahhh” in your head in a kind of a sing-songy way like a chorus of angels would if the clouds had just parted and a powerful beam of sunlight was shining down upon the word) is different from regular health.

And it’s actually much more important.

We have been told repeatedly by our esteemed Commander in Health that it is so important that EVERY insurance program should cover it.  No matter what.

Not only should they cover it, but they should cover it WITHOUT a co-pay.

Because, you know, asking women to pay $20 for a prescription is evil and horrible and mean and most likely, (cringe) Republican.

Now, say your child has an ear infection or pneumonia, you can pay $20 for that because it’s not a Women’s Health™ issue it’s just a plain-old, regular health issue.

If a young mother has a heart condition and needs medication, well she can pay $20 for that too because it is not a matter of Women’s Health™ (“Ahhh…”).  It’s just a matter of regular health.

If that same young mother wants to have sex without having a baby, well she damn well better not have to pay $20 for that!  Because as well know, that is a matter of Women’s Health™.

So, it seems like Women’s Health™ is all the parts of healthcare that have to do with uteruses (or is it uteri?) and sex and pregnancy and not-getting pregnant and taking pills that might kill babies.

Pretty clear, right?

Oh wait, but there is one big exception: Women’s Health™ does not cover pregnancy or childbirth or any care related to either one.

Nope.  Not one bit.
A bit more at the link.  Be sure to check out the pictures with their amusing captions.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."