Author Topic: The Debt is a Non-Issue  (Read 826 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The Debt is a Non-Issue
« on: January 31, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »
Mike Norman: 'US debt is a myth!'

The Neo-Keynesian argument. You see, we can always print more, and we control the interest rate, so nothing bad can  happen. We will always be solvent - or at least until you spend beyond our ability to produce, but we have so many unemployed we aren't even close to that happening.  WTF?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The Debt is a Non-Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
These are the ones who will wail and gnash their teeth most vociferously when their world is yanked out from under them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:26:24 PM »
  So if that's right I can pay in imaginary dollars instead of real dollars?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
These are the ones who will wail and gnash their teeth most vociferously when their world is yanked out from under them.

....and scream, "You did this do us! On purpose!"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »
 So if that's right I can pay in imaginary dollars instead of real dollars?

Yes, just give them IOU's based upon future income that may or may not come in, depending on your own debt service needs.  Let me know how that works out for ya!

And Weisshaupt, as far as the "The Neo-Keynesian argument. You see, we can always print more, and we control the interest rate, so nothing bad can  happen." goes, it jives with my "Paper, paper, paper!" comment on your "New Debt Graphs" thread!  Issue more paper, print more money, paper solves all!

/

These Neo-Keynesians will ruin us all.  But trying to convince a majority of people of that appears to be just a tad difficult, eh?

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.