Author Topic: The scariest path in the world  (Read 782 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The scariest path in the world
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »
Actually, I think the scariest path is the one our federal government is on right now, but this comes in a close second.

All I can say is: No. F***ing. Way.

El Camino del Rey [High Quality]

This walkway now serves as an approach to Makinodromo, the famous climbing sector of El Chorro in Spain's Andalucia. And it is the hairiest path. The area of El Chorro situated in the south of Spain is renowned amongst travelers and mountain hikers for its stunning scenery and climbs, yet this is not the main attraction on offer, El Chorro is host to one of the most dangerous walkways in the world, built by workers to transport materials between the Chorro and Gaitanejo Falls
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: The scariest path in the world
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
I have absolutely no desire to walk that...

In fact, it kind of made me weak in the knees.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
So this is a ruin?  Looked like the support structure was fine, but no one bothered to keep up the tread?
And they got heavy drilling equipment up there to build that pipe, but  couldn't improve that path?  Or just decided it wasn't required?

here is the knife Ridge ascent on  Capitol Peak here in Colorado.  (No I haven't done it. I have done similarly dumb stuff elsewhere...)

This one give you a sense of the height, but it makes it look worse than it is.
Capitol Peak Knife's Edge Aug. 28, 2011

Here is more what you see in real life.
Capitol Peak Knife Edge
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:53:11 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
So this is a ruin?  Looked like the support structure was fine, but no one bothered to keep up the tread?

I liked how some of the holes were about the size of a foot falling through.

And no, I won't be hiking those kinds of 14ers with you, Weisshaupt.  In fact, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »
Heh.  It's called the Husband Preservation Protocol.  I know it well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline michelleo

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
the Husband Preservation Protocol

You got that right!!