Author Topic: RED ALERT: MAJOR EARTHQUAKE, TSUNAMI & NOW VOLCANO STRIKE JAPAN  (Read 33310 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: RED ALERT: MAJOR EARTHQUAKE, TSUNAMI & NOW VOLCANO STRIKE JAPAN
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »
Man, there is so much hype over the nuke issue, not sure what is real.  I am starting to think rush is right...the left is shocked that there is not looting and now it appears not only do they want that, they want to see a nuclear catastrophe!

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/breaking-japan-says-it-is-likely-meltdown-is-underway-in-3-reactors/

Since GP is sourcing WaPo & ABC...is it just more noise or is there somethingmore to it?

Fox is still trumpeting disaster too...

http://www.foxnews.com/

In other news, the tsunami has wiped out one fighter squadron in Japan...

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20110313.aspx

They want it, bad, even Fox.  It'll be great for ratings and ready-made 24-7 broadcast material, despite what such horrors will mean to the survivors.  Bunch friggin ghouls.

For Fox it must be the old "If it bleeds it leads", that and not wanting to be left out of the coverage...they aren't as rah-rah as the rest of the MFM is in rooting for disaster!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2011, 12:15:40 PM »
We have no control over mother nature. Natural disasters are heart breaking. We will be fed the man made global warming line...We will be fed the nuclear power is bad line too.

Ironically, we do have a man made crisis looming here. Our own tsumani of debt, just as large as the wave hitting Japan. I've heard estimates of a cost of 4 billion daily in Japan, the same amount daily we are overspending here.

If we don't stop our own tsumani here, we will join Japan in mourning. Because we will loot, kill and ravage. We are wallowing in a sea...of red ink....Our wave is man made, the cause laid at the feet of a man whose spending is wreckless.

It is ironic we have liberals mourning the losses in Japan....While they perp the very same tsumani here.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »
Ya got that right Don, every word spot on!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
Ya got that right Don, every word spot on!

!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »
Like I said before,this will be used against nuclear power here and I just heard while in the truck Lieberman is already making noises to take another look at it before we move forward.

30 effing years since we built one and now we need another look. What the hell we been looking at then?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Like I said before,this will be used against nuclear power here and I just heard while in the truck Lieberman is already making noises to take another look at it before we move forward.

30 effing years since we built one and now we need another look. What the hell we been looking at then?

Can't allow a good disaster to go to waste.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »

Can't allow a good disaster to go to waste.

It bugs me more because it's him. I always saw him as the more reasonable lib.I expect it from others.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »

We'll be looking at crumbling power plants.  Because not only are we not allowed to build new ones, any kind of construction will be deemed dangerous and irresponsible.  Ironic, ain't it?!

Jeebus, I really can't stand leftard's!

::rockets::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »

We'll be looking at crumbling power plants.  Because not only are we not allowed to build new ones, any kind of construction will be deemed dangerous and irresponsible.  Ironic, ain't it?!

Jeebus, I really can't stand leftard's!
 ::rockets::

Hence the need for us to be here there and everywhere to spread the word of their insanity even if it is in their back yards.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
So don't build nuclear power plants on the ring of fire.  And for craps & giggles I'll throw in the New Madrid area.

There.  Think leftist trash will be happy?

::rolllaughing::

Ya, me too, but you have to try to engage the animals every year or two.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »
I just a "news" clip of the Assistant Deputy Secretary of our Energy Department saying, "nono, we're all for nuclear; it's part of our comprehensive energy blahblahblah".

Lying, straight-faced, bold-assed lying.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:17 PM »
Ya, I heard that.

Talk about standard boilerplate nothingness...

Actions, as always, speak volumes over words...especially when the words coming out of this Regime aren't fit for much but blowing up rears!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
I just a "news" clip of the Assistant Deputy Secretary of our Energy Department saying, "nono, we're all for nuclear; it's part of our comprehensive energy blahblahblah".

Lying, straight-faced, bold-assed lying.

Hey, no more of that revolutionary bs.  Carter said "I commanded a nuclear submarine, I am a nuclear engineer, I will make nuclear energy safe for America", and he did - he shut the whole thing down.

Here's another thought; They are saying oil and other energy costs are going down because Japan will not be burning as much.  Well, they won't be burning as much for the next month and a half, after that, those little boogers will be up and running and will need more fuel to supplement the loss from nuclear.

They are not going to call FEMA, they are going to rebuild and call it creative destruction -

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »
That's the truth.  And there's no rioting or looting.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
Remember that the problem in Japan and their nuclear power plants was caused by two things:
1 - earthquake
2 - tsunami
not inherent failure brought on by the plant themselves

So, how many plants do we have installed right now in earthquake zones that are also vulnerable to tsumami's?

Dont' let the liberals roll over us in demanding moratoriums on nuclear power plants because we don't have the same vulnerabilities that Japan had in this incident. Remember, the plants didn't fail under normal circumstances.

Earthquakes and tsunamis caused the failure.

We have a better chance of planet Mars collapsing on our moon than we have of this same scenario playing out on our land.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »

Here's another thought; They are saying oil and other energy costs are going down because Japan will not be burning as much.  Well, they won't be burning as much for the next month and a half, after that, those little boogers will be up and running and will need more fuel to supplement the loss from nuclear.

I posted before the number of gas fired generation facilities in Japan. There are probably a bunch of very old oil fired plants that will be called out of mothballs and put online. Hey, the price of oil is through the roof, but this is an emergency. Oil-fired turbines are the easiest to get online.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2011, 04:46:12 PM »
Okay, so here's a story about brand spanking new turbine/generator technology that will (not might) increase power output by 50%. Fifty percent is HUGE. That's buy two get one free territory. Here's the catch: It only works with high temp power generation like gas, oil, coal and nuclear systems. Sorry, rainbows and unicorns need not apply. And what does this mean? It means that wind and solar will be even MORE ridiculous as a source of energy than they are right now.

BTW: Once again we get a story about US stuff from a UK media outlet. I guess the MFM is too busy worrying about Japanese meltdowns and the possibility of a couple of molecules of fallout reaching the US coast. There is so much more to be had in ratings from drumming up baseless fear in the clueless US population.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »
Earthquakes and tsunamis caused the failure.

Actually, the plants appear to have withstood the earthquake, and the reactors shut down exactly as they were designed to do.  The plants were designed for an 8.2 earthquake, and an 8.9 quake is about 5 TIMES more powerful.  That's quite a feat of engineering.

The trouble began when the tsunami disabled the backup diesel generators.  It's still unclear whether the generators were damaged or whether their fuel supply was contaminated.  Either way, that's not a problem with the nuclear reactors.  The lesson here is to make the backup generators more survivable.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
Here is a website that was recommended by commenter Vic at Ace of Spades.  I think he is a nuclear engineer, possibly in the Navy (I'm not entirely sure).

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/

Click on each headline for more detailed information.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »
Okay, so here's a story about brand spanking new turbine/generator technology that will (not might) increase power output by 50%. Fifty percent is HUGE. That's buy two get one free territory. Here's the catch: It only works with high temp power generation like gas, oil, coal and nuclear systems. Sorry, rainbows and unicorns need not apply. And what does this mean? It means that wind and solar will be even MORE ridiculous as a source of energy than they are right now.

BTW: Once again we get a story about US stuff from a UK media outlet. I guess the MFM is too busy worrying about Japanese meltdowns and the possibility of a couple of molecules of fallout reaching the US coast. There is so much more to be had in ratings from drumming up baseless fear in the clueless US population.

Trap do you have an lit on that??
 Filippo Mazzie