Author Topic: A teaser from Atlas Shrugged  (Read 2211 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: A teaser from Atlas Shrugged
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »
Now, I'm guardedly optimistic about this film; however, I won't be seeing it in any theatre.  DVD will have to do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
I'll probably go to see it in a theater.  It will be the first movie I've seen in a theater since Team America: World Police.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »
Last time I was in a theatre was to see "The Passion of the Christ" and it was a satisfactory viewing only because of the quality of the audience.  I stopped movie-going because the people, and I use the term lightly, are rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
I intended to see "Passion of the Christ" but never quite got around to it.  It sounded like it was pretty good.

I have a feeling that the audience for "Atlas Shrugged" will be pretty high quality.
~ Ann Barnhardt