Author Topic: 9 Officers to be punished for Ft Hood shootings  (Read 2385 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
9 Officers to be punished for Ft Hood shootings
« on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:04 AM »
The Army announced Thursday it will punish nine officers in connection with the Fort Hood shootings for "leadership failures relating to the career of Maj. Hasan."

Army doctor Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan is accused of killing 13 people and wounding 29 others on November 5, 2009, at Fort Hood in Texas.

The Army does not identify the officers who will be punished nor does it reveal their specific punishments. A press release from the Army reads:

"The severity of each action varies depending on case-specific facts and circumstances. In certain cases, it may take several weeks to ensure that each officer is accorded appropriate due process and to take final action. In order to protect the due process rights of the officers involved, the Army will not identify them or provide details of the administrative actions at this time. Upon the completion of all cases, the Army will review whether the release of additional information would be appropriate."

Army Secretary John McHugh has sent a comprehensive review of the incident to Secretary Gates.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/10/army-punish-officers-connection-fort-hood-shootings/#ixzz1GHrPjopV
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: 9 Officers to be punished for Ft Hood shootings
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:02:21 AM »
Stymie's looking for some one ... anyone to blame . Maybe he should look at D.O.J. which is run so efficiently by his buddy Buckwheat !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 05:10:41 AM »
Scapegoats...

And the truly guilty, the decision makers and congress critters that made this situation possible go unpunished...

Fricken pathetic!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 05:21:53 AM »
Scapegoats...

And the truly guilty, the decision makers and congress critters that made this situation possible go unpunished...

Fricken pathetic!

Scapegoats is right.  The poor schmucks were damned if they did and now damned that they didn't.  PC's becoming the death of us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »
Yep, fall guys. The reality is that multiple people were alarmed by the warning signs, but the pervasive and intolerant nature of Political Correctness squelched any impulse to speak up. Then in the aftermath you have Army brass basically saying, literally, that damage to the "culture of diversity" would be worse.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
I think that insofar as leadership ignored the warning signs of an Islamofascist radical in their midst, there should be accountability.

But the accountability should also go straight to the bureaucratic mandates on diversity, multi-culturalism, and cultural sensitivity. The leadership who ignored Hassan's radicalism did so because they believed he was institutionally protected from increased scrutiny because he's a 'Slim. Holding superior officers accountable without addressing that institutional rot will only get more people killed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson