Author Topic: Ann Coulter Jumps Shark… Praises Romneycare ...  (Read 6228 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Ann Coulter Jumps Shark… Praises Romneycare ...
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
It's funny...

The very first thought that entered my mind upon hearing her ridiculous defense of RomneyCare was, "She is dead to me now."

So I visit this thread and find the same thought expressed by at least two others.

If I had any of her books (I don't) I would wait for a book signing and dump them in her lap...maybe tell her to pass them around at her next mental orgy with Bill Mauher and his simian guests.

Mumbling along she discriminates against the hearing impaired. ::smallthanks::

Ann Coulter on 2012 GOP Field: If Christie Doesn't Run, Romney Will be Nominated and Lose to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo6SOpOE788&feature=player_embedded

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »
Good clip CO.

Newt could use that in a campaign ad!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »
I also remember being a bit put off by her attitude during the 2010 midterms, when she kept harping on Linda McMahon (who was running against Richard Blumenthal for Senate in Connecticut) being associated with professional wrestling, and how such a background was far, far too déclassé.

She has been showing her East Coast Establishment sympathies for a few years now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Plus, I did not hear her coming to the aid of Peter Schiff when he was going up against McMahon, so apparently at the time she was all too willing to accept the Establishment's pick of McMahon!

I guess she wanted Blumenthal all the way!

She is such a compromised hack!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
Damn Romney whore sold her soul.  BUt she started down that road when she joined the Rovian's and attacked Tea Party candidates.  She is dead to me.

Anyone who paid any attention to me (yea - right!) knows that I've been consistant about a couple of things.

1. 2012 would be a redux of 2008 wherein "they" would cull or neuter every conservative from the field until all you had left was the "socially acceptable" vanilla wafer.

2. Internecine warfare within the ranks of the pubbies would only serve to boost the dhimmicrats and only idiots would spend any appreciable time indulging in it.

#1 has already occurred and even Santorum has succumbed to #2.

I know that there are some who are pissed at me for my refusal to swallow the blue pill for mittens and I'm OK with that. No matter what happens I'll continue to be comfortable in my own skin and I'll have no problem sleeping at night.

I bet (someday) Annie is going to rue the day she sold her soul...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »
Damn Romney whore sold her soul.  BUt she started down that road when she joined the Rovian's and attacked Tea Party candidates.  She is dead to me.

Anyone who paid any attention to me (yea - right!) knows that I've been consistant about a couple of things.

1. 2012 would be a redux of 2008 wherein "they" would cull or neuter every conservative from the field until all you had left was the "socially acceptable" vanilla wafer.

2. Internecine warfare within the ranks of the pubbies would only serve to boost the dhimmicrats and only idiots would spend any appreciable time indulging in it.

I know that there are some who are pissed at me for my refusal to swallow the blue pill for mittens and I'm OK with that. No matter what happens I'll continue to be comfortable in my own skin and I'll have no problem sleeping at night.

No blue pill here either 'Soup, and as far as I can tell you have been consistent, so well done Sir!

::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »

No blue pill here either 'Soup, and as far as I can tell you have been consistent, so well done Sir!

::thumbsup::

Yep.

I'm on board too.  We don need no stinkin' president.  What we need is
two houses with sets of balls each.  Reference Newt's 1990s work and he
didn't have the senate.  With a solid house and senate Obama will be
impeaced and the Congress will be in charge - Yeah Jim DeMint.
I see Newt's consultant firm a growth industry in the near future.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
Quote from: Alphabet Soup

I have personally decided that I am willing to accept the re-election of Obama by my refusal to vote for Romney. I am no longer rewarding the GOP for their captive electorate strategy. How else are we to change things? We've seen time and time again that they are steadfastly unmoved by acts of positive reinforcement (i.e. the electoral success they have when conservatives are energized), hell they're more than just ambivalent about it, they react against us for it! Negative reinforcement is the only other option.

Seriously, if we're to the point where our only hope is to continue voting for Dole-Bush-McCain-Romney-McConnell-Boehner types, then the game has already been over with longer than any of us would like to even know.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »
I pretty much gave up on Ann Coulter some time ago for--reasons--and when she became Chris Christie's head cheerleader it was completely over.

And it's sad and disheartening that she and so many Conservative pundits, whose opinions I have valued , have proven themselves to be more interested in aligning themselves with the Establishment Republicans and their subsidized paycheck than being an actual Conservative.  And they're terribly insulted and angry that real Conservatives are angry with them and feel so abandoned by them.  They obviously believe that we are so stupid and naive that we need them to tell us how to think and what to believe.  A lot like their liberal peers.

Yes, her supporting Krispie Kreme Christie was the first crack in the facade.

Townhall has a piece, and a video, of her denigrating the audience cheering Newt as "the peanut gallery".

Since GW's first term, and starting with him, it's been one disillusionment after another.

And people wonder why I'm such a cynic.

GW I guess!  Talk about bait and switch.  Nothing but betrayal and now stone silence while our Nation and the world burns because he's so gracious and above it all.  I always thought that Laura was a liberal and did her part to keep him in check.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »
I always thought that Laura was a liberal and did her part to keep him in check.

We didn't find out how liberal until he was out of office either.

What the hell is it with these women?  One of the main reasons I liked Coulter was that she emanated hard-core conservatism; now to find out it was a pose ....  *sigh*

Argh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
I pretty much gave up on Ann Coulter some time ago for--reasons--and when she became Chris Christie's head cheerleader it was completely over.

And it's sad and disheartening that she and so many Conservative pundits, whose opinions I have valued , have proven themselves to be more interested in aligning themselves with the Establishment Republicans and their subsidized paycheck than being an actual Conservative.  And they're terribly insulted and angry that real Conservatives are angry with them and feel so abandoned by them.  They obviously believe that we are so stupid and naive that we need them to tell us how to think and what to believe.  A lot like their liberal peers.

She lost me with her fawning over Christie, and her alliance with the GOProud group.

I haven't always agreed with her, but this is the worst column I've ever seen her write. I listened to Levin's rebuttal, and it was spot-on. I was already at the point that I will never buy another one of her books. Now, I will never read another of her columns.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but as recently as the CPAC conference in February (video on the thread above), she was ranting on about how if Romney was the nominee, he would lose. Then it became clear that Christie wasn't running, and she comes out with this? She is dead to me.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:59:10 PM by Janny »

Offline Janny

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
I always thought that Laura was a liberal and did her part to keep him in check.

What the hell is it with these women?  One of the main reasons I liked Coulter was that she emanated hard-core conservatism; now to find out it was a pose ....  *sigh*

Argh.

I don't think it was a pose, I think she's changed. She gradually became stupid. Maybe it's menopause addling her brain?

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 12:19:19 AM »
The problem with the strategery of surrendering the presidency to obama while at the same time,
ensuring that we capture the senate and keeping the house with a few additional seats,
is making sure that the people we elect are not moles, otherwise, we are screwed and tattoed.
Just saying.........
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 03:39:36 AM »
People like Coulter become too enchanted with their own opinions .

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 07:15:07 AM »

Rather than remembering their opinions and insights can contribute to the conversation and understanding they fall into the trap of thinking their opinions are for influencing....which is when they lose their audience...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:41 AM »

Rather than remembering their opinions and insights can contribute to the conversation and understanding they fall into the trap of thinking their opinions are for influencing....which is when they lose their audience...

When the elitism leaks out, it is not because it was never there in the first place, we just happened to catch them at a weak moment.  It comes down to character and honesty, she can fool herself, but she can no longer fool us.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »

When the elitism leaks out, it is not because it was never there in the first place, we just happened to catch them at a weak moment.  It comes down to character and honesty, she can fool herself, but she can no longer fool us.

I'm guessing many of these types actually aspire to being people of influence not really champions of the truth.

She really exposed herself didn't she?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »

Argh.

I don't think it was a pose, I think she's changed. She gradually became stupid. Maybe it's menopause addling her brain?

Hey!  I resemble that remark!  ::confused::  ;D

Good to "see" you, Janny.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »

I'm guessing many of these types actually aspire to being people of influence not really champions of the truth.

She really exposed herself didn't she?

I think many might start off with (I hate this phrase) "good intentions" but get corrupted by the lure of celebrity and TV appearances and all that rot.  Rare is the commentator that holds true!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »

She succumbed to the golden golf tee.