Author Topic: Ann Coulter Jumps Shark… Praises Romneycare ...  (Read 6227 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ann Coulter Jumps Shark… Praises Romneycare ...
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2012, 03:50:19 PM »
She succumbed to something; get a load of this, from Fran Porretto:

An excerpt:

... in today's Daily Caller, there just might be a hint of something better peeking through the distasteful surface of Coulter's unprincipled stance:

Later in her appearance [on Sean Hannity's radio show], Hannity asked Coulter who she thought Romney should surround himself with as president. She said that she “better have his ear” and recalled an encounter with Romney.

"Did I tell you I met him at a fundraiser?" Coulter said. “I went up to him. I was about to leave. But I said -- I just wanted to go up to him and tell him, 'You owe me and you better be as right-wing a president as I’m telling everybody you’re going to be.'"

Coulter said she also plugged Christie to be his running mate, but said the former Massachusetts governor said "oh don't worry" or something to that effect.

I won't mince words: This is an ugly move. It's a power play by a columnist, admittedly a columnist with a large and energetic following, by which she hopes to gain influence over a candidate whom she thinks has the best shot at unseating Barack Hussein Obama. By choosing this course, Coulter has left off being an opinion-monger and is bidding for a "seat at the table" of practical Republican politics. She might think it's the best shot available, given current circumstances and the dispiriting crop of Republican candidates.

I wouldn't call that "something better peeking through"; I would call it an ugly move.

Go read the rest at Fran's; there an interesting Woodrow Wilson anecdote there.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
...admittedly a columnist with a large and energetic following...

Uhm, she might want to stop shooting herself in the foot for half a sec and take a look behind her. Yes they are following her and yes they are energetic. but the tar & feathers they're carrying ain't exactly what I'd want for my spring ensemble...  ::hysterical::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
...admittedly a columnist with a large and energetic following...

Uhm, she might want to stop shooting herself in the foot for half a sec and take a look behind her. Yes they are following her and yes they are energetic. but the tar & feathers they're carrying ain't exactly what I'd want for my spring ensemble...  ::hysterical::

::laughonfloor::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Janny

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
I always thought that Laura was a liberal and did her part to keep him in check.

We didn't find out how liberal until he was out of office either.

What the hell is it with these women?  One of the main reasons I liked Coulter was that she emanated hard-core conservatism; now to find out it was a pose ....  *sigh*

Argh.

I don't think it was a pose, I think she's changed. She gradually became stupid. Maybe it's menopause addling her brain?

Hey!  I resemble that remark!  ::confused::  ;D

Join the club! We've got jackets!  ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 11:49:04 AM »
I always thought that Laura was a liberal and did her part to keep him in check.

We didn't find out how liberal until he was out of office either.

What the hell is it with these women?  One of the main reasons I liked Coulter was that she emanated hard-core conservatism; now to find out it was a pose ....  *sigh*

Argh.

I don't think it was a pose, I think she's changed. She gradually became stupid. Maybe it's menopause addling her brain?

Hey!  I resemble that remark!  ::confused::  ;D

Join the club! We've got jackets!  ::thumbsup::

Heheh.  You got pie, I'm in!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »
Whoa, that's a disturbing pic!   ::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.