Author Topic: Susan G. Komen Website Hacked After Withdrawing Funds For Planned Parenthood  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Susan G. Komen Website Hacked After Withdrawing Funds For Planned Parenthood
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/02/susan-b-komen-website-hacked-after-withdrawing-funds-for-planned-parenthood/

** Please take time and thank Komen for the Cure for doing the right thing and defunding Planned Parenthood abortion services!

Amen!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Great, I heard on the radio that these idiots caved into leftist pressure and will resume financial support of Planned Parenthood.

Fine, you morons made you decision, now I'll make mine - not one red cent to SGK ever again!!!

::mooning::

charlesoakwood

I want my money back!  So says those responsible for their 100% increase in donations.
Will they receive a refund?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The Left has been largely successful in establishing a cultural meme that the essence of womanhood is no longer in her unique ability to grow new life, but in her prerogative to kill it on-demand.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
The Left has been largely successful in establishing a cultural meme that the essence of womanhood is no longer in her unique ability to grow new life, but in her prerogative to kill it on-demand.

Yep, women's healthcare is really code for birth control and abortion. I cringe everytine I hear a lefty talk about women's health issues. Sometimes i think this whole thing about breast cancer and now women's heart disease is just cover for their real agenda.  The irony is that abortion (and perhaps oral birth control pills) increases breast cancer risk.  And a side effect of oral birth control pills can be stroke and heart attacks.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Yep, they caved.  And blamed the original decision it on "anti-abortion activists" in their ranks.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Or maybe not:

Komen board member John Raffaelli talked with the Washington Post after the statement was released and said the new announcement doesn’t necessarily mean there is any reversal until and unless Planned Parenthood receives additional funding beyond what was already planned before Komen’s December decision.

“It would be highly unfair to ask us to commit to any organization that doesn’t go through a grant process that shows that the money we raise is used to carry out our mission,” Raffaelli said. “We’re a humanitarian organization. We have a mission. Tell me you can help carry out our mission and we will sit down at the table.”

Raffaelli said that the new statement was an attempt to remove the politics from the grant-making process, saying “Is it really unclear that we’re changing the policy to address criticism?”

In any case, of the great and benificent Planned Parenthood, and their dedication to "breast health" (the phrase makes me want to hurl):

Komen has known since last Spring that Planned Parenthood doesn’t do mammograms. In emails Susan G. Komen for the Cure was sending to people complaining about their grants to the Planned Parenthood abortion business, officials claim the grants are given to help women obtain breast cancer screenings. Yet, Komen also admitted Planned Parenthood doesn’t do mammograms.

A late March expose’ from Live Action revealed no Planned Parenthood centers nationally provide mammograms.

Live Action released videotaped footage of calls to 30 Planned Parenthood centers nationwide in 27 different states where abortion facility staff were asked whether or not mammograms could be performed on site. Every one of the Planned Parenthood centers admitted they could not do mammograms. Every Planned Parenthood, without exception, tells the women calling that they will have to go elsewhere for a mammogram, and many clinics admit that no Planned Parenthood clinics provide this breast cancer screening procedure.

“We don’t provide those services whatsoever,” admits a staffer at Planned Parenthood of Arizona while a staffer at Planned Parenthood’s Comprehensive Health Center clinic in Overland Park, Kansas tells a caller, “We actually don’t have a, um, mammogram machine, at our clinics.”

In its email to people concerned about the Komen-Planned Parenthood connection, a Komen official admits Planned Parenthood doesn’t provide mammograms for women with its grant money. Komen makes it clear the money is merely funneled through the abortion business to legitimate medical centers that actually perform mammograms.

“When a mammogram is indicated, a patient is often referred to a local program, such as the state’s breast and cervical cancer program. In other cases, the Komen Affiliate’s grant to Planned Parenthood may include funds to pay for mammograms outright. When this happens, a local provider performs the mammogram, and is then reimbursed by Planned Parenthood using the Komen grant funds,” Komen admits.

Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms

It doesn't pay to have them done either, in many cases.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I want my money back!  So says those responsible for their 100% increase in donations.
Will they receive a refund?

If they do not honor refunds to people who contributed during the interim when it appeared they told PP to take a hike, they will have earned a blackeye that will not heal, if the honor refunds they'll only suffer short-term falloff in contributions.

I guess we'll find out what they're really made of...