Author Topic: House panel votes to bar EPA tailpipe emission regulations  (Read 1263 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The bill sponsored by Rep. Fred Upton, R-St. Joseph, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and Rep. Ed Whitfield, R-Ky., would overturn a 2007 Supreme Court decision that said the EPA has the legal right to regulate tailpipe emissions as a danger to public health under the Clean Air Act.

The Republican bill would bar EPA from taking part in setting future standards — and would bar California from limiting tailpipe emissions.

Instead, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration would have sole authority to set Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards.

Rep. Jay Inslee, D-Wash., praised General Motors Co. and its extended-range Chevrolet Volt, saying Congress should help businesses "innovate."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110310/AUTO01/103100441/House-panel-votes-to-bar-EPA-tailpipe-emission-regulations#ixzz1GHwvzRl1

Help.  To "innovate".   ::rockethrow::

The piece's author is of the opinion that "but the measure's future is uncertain."

And the NHTSA needs to go along with the other POS alphabet agencies.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: House panel votes to bar EPA tailpipe emission regulations
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:24:52 AM »
Please end all the madness!

No doubt Dingy Harry will, ahh, do nothing...

::facepalm::

::angry::

But like everything that is needed, bury all these measures into every fricken piece of legislation until they pass!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 05:27:21 AM »
EPA and NHTSA are equal opportunity offenders and completely out of control . We need to start with A and work our way to Z with a meat ax and eliminate 90 % of the agencies in the federal government . I'll give our gentle posters one guess as to how THAT will effect the budget defficit .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »
Sadly, until we gain control of the Senate and the White House, we will be in a poor position to effect any positive action!

And I cannot adequately express in words how badly I want to swing that meat ax!

::angry::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.