Author Topic: Should the GOP support 'The Buffet Rule?'  (Read 449 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Should the GOP support 'The Buffet Rule?'
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
It is clear, that at the very least, the millionaire's tax is little more than an election year ploy devised to motivate a less than enthusiastic liberal base going into this year's election; and a good one at that! I can think of no one who will view those earning more than $1,000,000 per year as down-trodden victims under attack. So what if the very rich are forced to cough up a few extra points?  I mean this sincerely and seriously, the public at large will not sympathize.

But what if Republicans did not oppose this tax?  The revenue from the tax does nothing to help Democrats bring down the deficit or unemployment.  With no opposition to the tax, Democrats will have little to motivate their base and have nothing more than their record to run on. Without a very strong voter turnout, Democrats stand an excellent chance of losing not only the Presidency but the Senate as well.

Is it time for Republicans to stand firmly for their principles or sacrifice for the greater good?  If Republicans feel that strongly about the millionaire's tax, they can repeal it after taking back the Senate and White House in 2012. In order to save the country from this administration's bankrupting social agenda, the millionaires should just suck it up for a year and pay the tax.  It is after all, small price to pay for tossing this administration out of power.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/02/should_the_gop_support_the_buffet_rule.html#ixzz1lLqYwJ5Z

I'm just agog.  And aghast.  And a few commenters agree with this guy.

We are doomed.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Should the GOP support 'The Buffet Rule?'
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
Doomed.

And all my planning is geared in that direction.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Should the GOP support 'The Buffet Rule?'
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
It isn't worth the time to register for yet another account so that I can tell him what an idiot he is...