Author Topic: Portlandia  (Read 937 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Portlandia
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
Apparently there is a new show on the IFC that satires West-coast liberals, called "Portlandia". Looks like it might be worth tuning in for a chuckle or two...

Is the chicken local?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Portlandia
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »
What's the IFC?

Anything that skews the left, I'm good with it.  There's stuff I don't watch because I can't stand the right-bashing.  "Harry's Law" is one, and I'm about fed up with CSI Los Angeles; always a 'slim involved, always because some White American lured or duped him/them onto the wayward path.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
What's the IFC?

Anything that skews the left, I'm good with it.  There's stuff I don't watch because I can't stand the right-bashing.  "Harry's Law" is one, and I'm about fed up with CSI Los Angeles; always a 'slim involved, always because some White American lured or duped him/them onto the wayward path.

It's the "Independent Film Channel" on cable - right next to "The Sundance Channel" in our cable package. Normally it's stuffed with Leftist trash. I'm sure this is probably a Leftist attempt at some mild introspective humor, but from the few youtube clips I watched, it ridicules West coast liberals pretty thoroughly.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
Gawd - those are our next-door neighbors!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
It's my brother and sister-in-law too. They live in Eugene, wear hemp, smoke dope, and hug trees.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I may catch this on the tube. The skit was funny but you gotta be able to laugh at yourself to enjoy the humor......and liberals, well.......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
I may catch this on the tube. The skit was funny but you gotta be able to laugh at yourself to enjoy the humor......and liberals, well.......

Yeah this will last as long as Firefly or The Goode family

Low ratings my butt.  Same treatment both series,  moved around, skipped weeks, and oops, no one is watching because they can't find it.
Liberals can't stand to be laughed at.  So King of the Hill is allowed to prosper ( and yes I find King of the Hill funny)  but things that point out how irretrievably hypocritical and stupid liberals are? Silence them!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
I just want to hit people like this in the face.  Does that ever happen on the show?   ;D

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »

And those that order eggs at Denny's then send them back
two times because they aren't cooked to specification.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »
My last job before enlisting was a short-order cook at a Sambo's working the graveyard shift.

When that happened I never did anything nasty to the eggs, I let them sit on my counter and gave them back cold.  Never had any complaints after doing that.  The waitress would be PO'd because I just nuked her tip, but she knew my routine and if she insisted only then would I back off and whip up a new order.  She knew there were types who would do that merely to cover the fact of their tip-skimping ways, so we were in cahoots with who we pulled that on.  If she knew she had no tip or a lousy tip coming she would let the plan play out.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »
What's the IFC?

I couldn't even make it through one ep of Harry's Law.  Ugh. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."