Author Topic: 2 House Dems defect on O'care death panel  (Read 1574 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
2 House Dems defect on O'care death panel
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:26:07 AM »
    Two House Democrats have signed onto a Republican bill to repeal a health reform provision that the Obama administration has touted as a central tool to keep health costs under control.

Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-Nev.) became a co-sponsor of legislation to repeal the Medicare payment board on Wednesday, one week after Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.). A spokesman for the congresswoman said she remains committed to the law’s cost-cutting goals but wants Congress to be in charge. …

The Independent Payment Advisory Board fast-tracks cuts to Medicare payments when spending reaches a pre-determined target. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that it would save $28 billion through 2019.

Peter Orzsag, the president’s previous budget chief, has called the board one of the law’s most important provisions for keeping Medicare sustainable.

But congressional Democrats have been under tremendous pressure from doctors and hospitals to try to nix an unelected board that directly threatens their bottom line. Over the years, the current Medicare Payment Advisory Board has seen millions of dollars worth of recommended Medicare cuts ignored by Congress.

Yeah, all the docs and hospitals are worried about is their bottom line.  ::snort::  This quoted piece written by The Hill, found at HotAir.

Capuano is the guy telling unions to “get out on the streets and get a little bloody.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 2 House Dems defect on O'care death panel
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:35:03 AM »
They (like my misguided outfit!) were all for it (ObamaCare, the whole enchilada!) before they were against it (the medicare Board)!

::gaah::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:04:16 AM »
Stymie had an ulterior motive . He was trying to figure a way to get rid of Auntie Onyango . It was a shotgun approach .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »
 ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:07:48 AM »
We don't need house dems to defect, we need senate dems.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »
Obama fatigue is contagious...
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.