Author Topic: Thoughts on Obama Care  (Read 960 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Thoughts on Obama Care
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »
ObamaCare

Watching the Super Bowl ads tonight reminded me of something when one of the ads for GE was advertising what a great job of cancer research they do, and how caring of a company they are. They were illustrating all the wonderful technology that they are bringing into play.

I'm thinking, shouldn't there be a disclaimer at the end of the commercial that goes something like this:

"Be sure and check with your doctor first, because if you happen to be 70 years or older, these new advances will not be for you. We can only prescribe an aspirin and send you home."

In fact, shouldn't all ads for medicines and cures have the same disclaimer? If they recquire a doctor's prescription, people over age 70 won't qualify.

In fact, when you turn 70, why should you even purchase any healthcare insurance at all? At 70 you will become totally ineligible for everything except aspirin, and I think I can afford that without health insurance. Oh that's right, we will still be required to purchase health insurance, even tho' after 70 we will be disqualified from using it.

What a wonderful world the liberals have designed for us!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Thoughts on Obama Care
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:23:25 AM »
Well, gosh R-Man, that would be   ::speechless::  honest of them to admit!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
Well, currently, I don't think that much has changed ...... yet.....
however, isn't most of these type of changes scheduled to go into effect after 2013? don't remember, and there is not a lot of info available from the HHS right now. You know, we have to wait and see what it is we passed......

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »
I don't see why there wasn't a disclaimer......Whenever you see an advertisment for a drug on the tube, isn't there a long list of possible side effects? You know, may cause anything from dementia to projectile vomiting. I'm confident the drug companies don't want it in the commercial...I'm sure its mandatory.

There should have been a disclaimer...it could have been as simple as " subject to change after 2014, patients over 70, consult your funeral home".
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
Yeah, it was designed from the get-go to not enact the most nefarious provisions until after the 2012 election, and then (like Harkin et al admitted at the time of the so-called "debate [debate my ass! pass in the dark of night with no prior notice, that's how tyrannical progressives "debate"!] along with Pelosi and others who admitted that) more additions to and enhancements of the new "right" would build this into the beast they all want it to be.

Gotta kill this thing no matter what it takes!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
I have to admit I felt the same way about the car ad extolling Detroit's virtues and toughness and how they're down but not out and they will rise again.

I wanted to yell "You and your union buddies did it to yourself!"
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »
And...

They stole our money and told private citizens holding their paper to go to hell!  Never see those little facts in them ad's, do we?!

::cussing::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
I have to admit I felt the same way about the car ad extolling Detroit's virtues and toughness and how they're down but not out and they will rise again.

I wanted to yell "You and your union buddies did it to yourself!"

Yeah...THAT commercial had me fuming.....Clint should have added, We're down, but as long as thier is a bailout on the horizon, we're not out....we can come back...for more.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
What I got out of the Clint commercial was that we need 4 more years of Obama. We are only halfway thru his 8 years of presidency. But that's just me.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »

Tea Party, we took a punch but we're coming back to get you.  And we know who you are.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:02:39 PM »
What I got out of the Clint commercial was that we need 4 more years of Obama. We are only halfway thru his 8 years of presidency. But that's just me.

I had that thought......Didn't know if Eastwood was a big O supporter. I know what the time during the Super Bowl cost...wonder what Eastwood demanded. Of course, it probably wasn't Detriots money anyway.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »

I don't know if that's what he had in mind but that's sure the impression that was left behind.  ::whatgives::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
Did y'all see this?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-rep-kathy-dahlkemper-i-wouldnt-have-voted-obamacare-if-id-known-about-hhs-regulation_626302.html

This is what you get when party loyalty trumps principle and doing your job and READ THE DAMN BILL!

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
Did y'all see this?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-rep-kathy-dahlkemper-i-wouldnt-have-voted-obamacare-if-id-known-about-hhs-regulation_626302.html

This is what you get when party loyalty trumps principle and doing your job and READ THE DAMN BILL!

::gaah::

WTF?!  Was she absent the day Pelosi said they had to pass the bill so we'd know what was in it?  Did she not get the memo?  Didn't cause a little uh-oh?

Pu-leeze.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »
With all due respect, representative, if you feel that terrible, draw a warm bath, grab a sharp piece of steel, and be done with it. Mea culpa and all that. Show us you mean it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:55 AM »
She's full of it. How in creation can you expect to be in the DemonRat Party and not know the platform to which abortion on demand as well as contraception is a major plank?  ::rockethrow::

Is being at the party more important than what's celebrated at the party?

::whatgives:: How can anyone embrace anything the DemonRats stand for? Just how bad is the leftist infiltration to the American Catholic relgion?

What about Bart stupid ass Stupak. You know this wipe couldn't possibly care what was in the bill as long as Obama gave him a smile and a wink that none of this would be in the bill especially if he had intentions of retiring?

"But the executive order signed by President Obama did nothing to prevent the subsidized health care exchanges from covering elective abortions."
Don't these asswipes understand what politics is about? What did they think was going to happen two years down the road when no restrictive language in the bill regarding the subsidizing of abortion and contraception(uh, oh) wasn't in the bill.

All should be shot with sh*t and killed for stinking!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:37:55 AM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »
Don't these asswipes understand what politics is about?

Yeah, power, prestige, and money.