Author Topic: SC Sues Obama Regime Over Holder’s Decision To Block Voter ID Law…  (Read 751 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Weasel Zippers links to the rest at WaPo.

The U.S. Justice Department was wrong to block South Carolina from requiring voters to show government-issued photo identification to vote, the state’s top prosecutor argued in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Enforcement of the new law, passed by state lawmakers last year, “will not disenfranchise any potential South Carolina voter,” Attorney General Alan Wilson argues in the suit against U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder.

In December, the Justice Department rejected South Carolina’s law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls, the first such law to be refused by the federal agency in nearly 20 years.

The department said the law failed to meet the requirements of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, which outlawed discriminatory practices preventing blacks from voting. The law also requires the Justice Department to approve changes to South Carolina’s election laws because of the state’s past failure to protect the voting rights of blacks.

GOOD!!!

Fight 'em everywhere!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: SC Sues Obama Regime Over Holder’s Decision To Block Voter ID Law…
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
I believe we just passed a voter id law in Tennessee.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
I believe we just passed a voter id law in Tennessee.

We passed one recently in NC and the damn Democrat governor -- who is NOT running for re-election -- vetoed it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
Trying to get it in Minnie (actually get it back, used to have it back when I started voting) but I bet that jackass Dayton will veto it if passed.

And now we have this crap to contend with!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,4752.msg52509.html#new

::gaah::
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:28:51 PM by Pandora »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.