Author Topic: Obama appoints official "advocate" for illegals  (Read 2606 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Obama appoints official "advocate" for illegals
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
The Obama administration on Tuesday announced a new "public advocate" charged with listening to immigrants' concerns about its law enforcement policies — but Republicans said the position amounts to an official mouthpiece for illegal immigrants being deported.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said the advocate will "serve as a point of contact for individuals, including those in immigration proceedings, NGOs and other community and advocacy groups, who have concerns, questions, recommendations or other issues they would like to raise."

The agency — part of the Homeland Security Department — said Andrew Lorenz-Strait will be the first advocate.

But Rep. Lamar Smith, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said that meant elevating the concerns of illegal immigrants.

"It's outrageous that the Obama administration has appointed a taxpayer-funded activist for illegal and criminal immigrants who are detained or ordered deported. The administration all too often acts more like a lobbying firm for illegal immigrants than as an advocate for the American people," Mr. Smith, Texas Republican, said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/feb/7/administration-names-official-advocate-illegal-imm/

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More open defiance of our anti-illegal immigrant laws on the books!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
Sanctuary cities and states allowed to flaunt the law, federal officials directed to look the other way and not enforce laws, going after states and Sheriff's executing the law of the land...now Obama the Destroyer puts another czar in place to advocate FOR illegals!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/feb/7/administration-names-official-advocate-illegal-imm/

Those candyasses in congress better start making deep painful cuts in this   ::cussing::  department!

::gaah::
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:00:48 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More open defiance of our anti-illegal immigrant laws on the books!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
Beat ya by about 20 minutes, Libertas.

I'm going to merge, if you don't mind.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Obama appoints official "advocate" for illegals
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »
This administration does everything BUT represent the American people and the interests of the country. God, I want people to pay.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: More open defiance of our anti-illegal immigrant laws on the books!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 06:01:50 PM »
Beat ya by about 20 minutes, Libertas.

I'm going to merge, if you don't mind.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:05 PM »
This administration does everything BUT represent the American people and the interests of the country. God, I want people to pay.

In spades!! ::rockethrow::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

In spades!! ::rockethrow::

I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD. 
O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle. 
Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.

As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 
Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again. 
Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.

I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.  Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

Link