Author Topic: Rep Ellmers - NC -- “Let me go on. I’m not yielding my time.”  (Read 1431 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Rep Ellmers - NC -- “Let me go on. I’m not yielding my time.”
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:45 PM »
Those outside of NC might be interested to know that it was her election in 2010 that unseated Bob "Who Are You?!" Etheridge, that belligerent, sloppy drunk who now has the temerity to run for Governor of NC....

Ah, I do remember her now that you mention it. He was near the top of the list of the arrogant pieces of scat who needed to go away.

That's right, and as he's said he's going to run for governor, he obviously didn't get the message.

Could he possibly win?
All I can say is Mark Dayton.....Who would have guessed the worst Senator would become Minnesota's Governor. ::facepalm::

...Especially in a year that saw the MN legislature uncharacteristically flip to the GOP, as well as dinosaur Leftist Oberstar kicked to the curb.

Emmer tried to run a clean campaign that stuck to the issues and avoided negative attacks. Therefore he was running against Dayton and the media smearing him, with no defense, trying to sell conservatism on the merits to Minnesota voters while remaining above the fray. The state GOP was loath to recognize what was needed to define Dayton, tie him to the radical Left, and defeat him.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »
Those outside of NC might be interested to know that it was her election in 2010 that unseated Bob "Who Are You?!" Etheridge, that belligerent, sloppy drunk who now has the temerity to run for Governor of NC....

Ah, I do remember her now that you mention it. He was near the top of the list of the arrogant pieces of scat who needed to go away.

That's right, and as he's said he's going to run for governor, he obviously didn't get the message.

Could he possibly win?
All I can say is Mark Dayton.....Who would have guessed the worst Senator would become Minnesota's Governor. ::facepalm::

Same thing happened inMD. Everybody couldn't wait for the innept Mayor O'Malley to stop effing up the city and move on to better things...well, he did and is on his second term as Gov "F" up. New proposals for this year after balancing the budget last year with bail out funds from Obama is a SALES tax on to of excise tax on transportation fuels.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 07:38:24 AM »
I find it interesting the Etheridge did not challenge Rene Ellmer's congressional seat. After all, it was just a fluke, right? Didn't the electorate have a temporary tea party tantrum? Or perhaps old "Who Are You" weighed the political costs of running against Ellmers for a second time in this political climate and losing twice in a row? (Not good on your resume)

Yeah. Politics is all about weighing benefits versus costs. I'm thinking that Bob saw an opening and took it. This says much, in my humble opinion, that he did not see Ellmers as a weak adversary for the Congressional seat and did not want to roll the dice. Whether Obama wins or not in 2012 remains to be see, but I guarantee that he ain't gonna carry North Carolina. Too large an enthusiasm gap and unemployment/underemployment is too large.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.