Author Topic: I would give the authoress of this piece some advice - get a new profession!  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Gawd-awful reporting! 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/banker-insulting-tip-incites-class-warfare-between-1-164624882.html

No surprise Yahoo links to PuffHo!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/banker-1-percent-tip-receipt_n_1299280.html

At least PuffHo mentions the restraunt is confirming the receipt and the service provided...

But a dig at rounding down instead of up...lame.

Why the segway into Lucy (aptly-named) Lawless & Greenfreakingpeace?

Come on Melissa, you don't have to work that hard for your MFM jurno-tard cred!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
This stinks like rotten fish - or a dhimmicrat (take your pick).

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Was the server "Breanna" spouting off with 99% vs 1% crap to the banker, or within earshot? Was she wearing some kind of disrespectful 1% garb or button typical of the class warfare crowd?

The story doesn't say, and it IS the HuffPo, which makes it automatically suspect.

The "leaker" seems without a doubt to have a 99%er agenda, characterizing the person who wrote the note and left the small tip using the language of class warfare typical of the 99%er class warfare crowd.

Without further information, there is no possible way to know whether the tipper is an asshat as described, or if he was responding to something that happened.

I was at a fine restaurant several years ago when I still had hair down to my belt. The waiter assumed because I was long haired and tattooed that he should be comfortable talking to me about drugs and partying. He received zero tip on a $250 tab, and a note telling him he was a loser.

People didn't have cameras on their phones those few short years ago, but if they did, It would have been quite easy for someone to snap a photo and make me look like an asshat.

My policy is to give a 20% tip as a default, a better tip for excellent service above and beyond the call of duty, 15% if something about the service was not up to snuff, and to allow some grace before I start thinking about reducing the tip any further. So I don't outright defend the actions of this banker. But I certainly do call into question whether we have the facts. Given the screed by the "leaker" that repeats the class warfare rhetoric of the 99%ers by rote, it would seem to me that this is an agenda-driven attack, and that we do not have all the facts.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

If a banker paid this tab would he not have rounded up?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I never complain about food or service until after I am done, so as to avoid food poisoning or useles jabber.  I tend to tip well, but if service is mediocre I may dial it back, if lousy I'm waving the manager over to explain why they are getting zip.

This case is not passing the smell test.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
I never complain about food or service until after I am done, so as to avoid food poisoning or useles jabber.  I tend to tip well, but if service is mediocre I may dial it back, if lousy I'm waving the manager over to explain why they are getting zip.

This case is not passing the smell test.

I can't help but believe that she got the tip she deserved else the customer wouldn't have written the comment . It made a better point than no tip at all .

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Lie. Cheat. Steal.

Another "fake but accurate" propaganda news story from the lying agenda-driven marxist pravda ever so unbiased media

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Vindicated again.

What a bunch of wagging tongues this society has become. This vignette isn't as much about what the receipt said as it was what folks wanted it to say. The perpetrator of this prank feeeeels that he really really showed those 1%'rs up for who they are, but in truth only illustrated what witless boobs the OWS'rs are.

The setup was so improbable as to be preposterous. The purported act itself - insulting the wait staff with a crappy tip and an insulting note - what "wealthy banker" would waste his time with these antics? The answer is none. The notion of a "trusted assistant" who would display such overt hostility towards his employer and remain invisible and influential? Please! We were obliged to believe that this person would take the time to commit this to paper without any reason for complaint, stage it carefully so that his assistant could "candidly" snap a picture of it, and then walk away with no further word. I was born, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Yet apparently a bunch of folks did swallow this. They saw what they wanted to see - class warfare in the form of the arrogant rich mistreating the humble poor. Like as if the filthy rich can afford to take time out of their busy raping, pillaging, and hoarding schedules to harass the staff.

I'm only sorry that the author of this foolishness wasn't identified so that he could more personally reap the benefit of his prank.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Our snouts were correct after all.  Libturds are really getting desperate, aren't they? 

"The Trending Now team contacted the restaurant and its spokesperson Jamie Reagan told us the receipt was doctored. Reagan said the reason that the issue was not corrected more quickly is because the corporate offices were closed over the weekend."

BS!  Serve up the perpetrator!

And this "Future Ex-Banker" site that got took down, who is behind this?  If this had been a conservative or (gasp!) a Tea Party member, the MFM would be sending out armies of jurnoturds to answer these questions (or just make more sh*t up)!

::gaah::