Author Topic: The Rise of Skynet Trading  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The Rise of Skynet Trading
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
Zerohedge had an article on this that was linked to in another thread, but I think it deserves its own.
High Frequency Trading are trade made under completely automatic computer control. The "Flash Crashes"  we have seen in the market have been blamed largely on these devices, which are so fast, they can apparently reverse time.

Nanex has an animated Gif showing the amount of volume done by these automated machines. After the US lost its rating, they became MAJOR market participants. The people are out. If you still own stock, get out. Get out now. No. right now. Stop reading this. Get out.

When I say that the markets are a total smoke-and-mirrors farce, do you understand what I am saying now? All of the PEOPLE are gone. The entire edifice is just these computers trading in-and-out with each other all in a matter of microseconds, over and over again. None of it is real. And the futures markets are exactly the same. The people have been either leaving or have been forced out, or raped. Get out, get out, get out, get out, get out. -Ann Barnhart

Its a big GIF, so it takes awhile to load.

Its like watching the market catch fire and burn to the ground. The stock market is a dead man walking. Zombie machines trading with each other. .

(The ZH gif  didn't work for me. Here is a direct link or here

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:31:59 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Rise of Skynet Trading
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
Similar to watching the country burn to the ground.  "They" are burning my country to the ground; I want names and I WANT JUSTICE.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »

It is micro skynet. The machines are running the show and have eliminated most humans.
One may say that the machines will maintain an equilibrium a monetary homeostasis.
One may also say that there are fatal flaws, however miniscule, that will either be exploited
or more likely (as happened not too long ago with J&J) one small unplanned event and as you
said it all burns up. 

A considerable amount of money is from pensions and most pension money is in the market,
not individuals but corporate and the like.  When this thing flames out there will be how many
million adults dependent on that income suddenly flat broke.  They will not look kindly at the
thirty percent (never worked and proud of it) of out population.  And that's not the half of it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:22:44 AM »
This is the pinnacle of market manipulation, nothing can surpass this, and the vaunted PPT is powerless to do a damn thing about it.  Big nasty fish with shark teeth and ravenous appetites rule these waters...we are little better than plankton.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »

They aren't smart enough to beat the machine, they to will get bit.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:27:36 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/todays-black-gold-swan-presenting-reason-why-cmes-crude-market-was-halted-over-one-hour

arlier today, we reported on the extended halt of the CME Globex crude market, which following an errant trading pattern, did not quite crash, but did the next best thing - go offline for a full 75 minutes. Why did this happen? Our initial speculation was that this "may have been an algo gone berserk in advance of what may or may not have been a block order.... Someone take quote stuffing a little too far today?" It turns out we were not too far off. Below is Nanex visualization of just what occurred in those seconds between 13:59:57 and 14:04:55 when "a blast of quotes corrupted a memory queue causing the software to believe the queue was full all the time."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 06:42:58 AM »
Just read that CO, was going to post the link, ya beat me to it!   ;)

During my reading of the article for some reason I kept hearing Ann Barnhardt's warnings in my head...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »

Yeah, what was that old blog?  "Eject, eject!"
                                                                                                      ::parachute::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »

Yeah, what was that old blog?  "Eject, eject!"
                                                                                                      ::parachute::

Yep.  Bill Whittle's old blog.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"