Author Topic: CPAC  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: CPAC
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »

Academic: Pan, thanks for the defense but it was an incorrect wording.   Can't come up with the word for assimilating knowledge whether in academia or outside.  Where did Sowell and Paul and Walter Williams receive their knowledge?
Wherever or however he's not assimilated or even tried to assimilate Austrian economics nor intellectually
pursued  understanding the Constitution and no study of the Federalist papers or other writings of the founding fathers.

But, I came to bring Sarah Palin.  
Some have said she's lost her big mo', she's now a second tier.
Judging from the size of the crowd and the cheers I think she's
still a force to be reckoned with.  She, like Breitbart, knows
when to play her cards.

Sarah Palin aimed her rhetorical guns at Barack Obama and didn’t stop throughout the entire speech, talking about Obama’s failure of leadership on entitlements and unemployment and his twisted priorities in cutting military spending but nowhere else.

http://www.therightscoop.com/full-speech-sarah-palin-at-cpac-2012/

This is getting a lot of play.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/video-palins-poetry

"...Obama we are through with you"!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »
Heh, I like her!   ::thumbsup::

Such an impassioned defense and praise of oil!

"It's organic and it's ours!!"

Amen, Sister!

::cool::   ::bows::   ::whoohoo::   ::danceban::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »

"Ronald Reagan was proud to be an American and so was Nancy and so was his pastor.  Contrasted to Obama, our first post American president who doesn't believe in American exceptionalism."

Full Speech: John Bolton at CPAC 2012

Posted by The Right Scoop The Right Scoop on February 13th, 2012 in Politics | 13 Comments

Somehow we overlooked Bolton speaking on Saturday morning at CPAC, so here it is. And it’s another great speech from Bolton on what a Reagan foreign policy would look like. As you might imagine, there are plenty of applause lines, especially when mentioning Obama’s views on America and his own foreign policy.

Here’s the full speech:  Link

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »
Daniel Hannan spoke as well ....

Full Speech: Daniel Hannan at CPAC 2012
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
Bolton is sharp, he is spot on about the Obama Regime's "zip" foregin policy but with respect to muslim nations he's done too much for them, them being the radicals.  And Bolton is dead on about ChiCom's military buildup and Iran and The Regime ratting out Israeli plans!  Obama unmasked, oh hell yeah!  And Obama does fear an Israeli strike more than an Iran with nukes, mostly because he hates Israel in general and Bibi in particular. I would have to think for any new POTUS with half a brain Bolton has to be at the top of a short list for SecState.

As far as this Hannan goes, don't know much about him, but he's pretty good.  The "new" Mark Stein?

But so far, I am liking what I am learning about him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Hannan

"You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt. And when you repeat, in that wooden and perfunctory way, that our situation is better than others', that we are well placed to weather the storm, I have to tell you, you sound like a Brezhnev-era apparatchik giving the party line."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/author/danielhannan/

Definitely someone worth keeping an eye out for!

::cool::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »
Found at RedState. An edited audio version of Romney's speech. All words not "conservative" related have been edited out. What's left is, well, listen...

http://images.redstate.com/romneyconservatism.mp3

It goes well with this article:

So let's assume that Romney is the nominee. The arithmetic is pretty simple. Mitt Romney plus an energized Republican base can beat Obama in November. Romney without an energized base will lose. But the Republican base is conservative, and Romney hasn't closed the deal with conservatives. Can he?

Let's face it: Romney isn't one of us. At CPAC last Friday he said he governed Massachusetts as a "severely conservative" Republican in the tone of voice my late maternal grandmother used to say she was severely constipated. We know his record as state candidate and governor, and national candidate since 2007. We need not rehearse it here. Suffice it to say that it defines him as a transactional conservative. He will apply conservative principles as a business owner might apply production scenarios and estimated profit margins to negotiating a deal. They aren't part of his core, but will be useful tools for him in campaigning and, if he wins, governing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:43:31 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
I heard a discussion on this Babin article during the drive into the office, I am convinced Romney cannot seal the deal with conservatives, and the reason is simple - he is not a conservative and he never has been.  I don't care about his business experience or his Olympic experience, I care about his governing experience, and on that score alone he ranks dead last among the contenders for this nomination.  And I don't care what language he uses, I don't care who he trots out as a prominent supporter and I don't care what he spins in advertisements.  He is at best a liberal republican.  If there is one thing this nation has no need of whatsoever at this point in history, it is a liberal republican as an alternative to Obama!  We tried this route before with McCain, and he got his fanny waxed.  If the GOP is insane enough to nominate Romney then the GOP is dead, period.

Count me severely out on Romney under any circumstances.