Author Topic: the Levin Surge  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
the Levin Surge
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
Those of you who listen to Mark Levin's radio show (and if you don't, you should! He streams it from his website free of charge, www.marklevinshow.com) heard him speaking to Michele Bachmann and Steve King yesterday about their efforts to amend the Continuing Resolution with language that would freeze the funds already allocated to ObamaCare by the previous, treacherous Congress. Specifically, they propose the following language be added:

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, none of the funds made available by this or any previous Act with respect to any fiscal year may be used to carry out the provisions of Public Law 111-148, Public Law 111-152, or any amendment made by either such Public Law.
If they are unable to do so, they are going to vote against the CR. They have asked that people contact their Reps and urge them to join in the effort to oppose any CR that fails to address these already-allocated funds. It is imperative that we cripple ObamaCare now, because we all know what will happen once it becomes an entrenched bureaucracy and starts doling out goodies to the Democrats' client voter blocs.

Levin went on to lambaste the pathetic, feckless "leadership" of the House GOP. I know most of us here were, at best, highly suspicious of these RINOs even before the election. Well, they're turning out about like we expected, i.e. cowardly and unprincipled. We have to make it clear to them that we are not beholden to their trite little party interests, and are absolutely serious about addressing this country's problems.

Here is the full story on this, from Michele Bachmann's website: http://bachmann.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=228933. Please contact your own representatives and urge them to join with Michele Bachmann and Steve King.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: the Levin Surge
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
Levin tore Boehner a new one on Friday's show. It was great. Called him a coward and said he needs to grow a pair.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
Read today that the Republican brain trust in the Senate is allowing Lisa Murkowski to lead the fight against defunding Planned Parenthood.

I guess they think that the Tea Party movement was temporary sort of phenom.

And to reiterate what I said somewhere else here a few days ago, this is why I don't give to the RNC and its ilk anymore.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 12:03:04 PM »
I wish Lisa Murkowski's parents had done a little "planning" of their own. That's right I said it!

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:28:24 PM »
Those of you who listen to Mark Levin's radio show (and if you don't, you should! He streams it from his website free of charge, www.marklevinshow.com) heard him speaking to Michele Bachmann and Steve King yesterday about their efforts ...

I linked to the show at a point where he was interviewing Pete King and played a clip of that days hearing where Sheila outdid the previous days performance.  Can't find it anywhere.  That link is a keeper.