Author Topic: Whitney Houston has died  (Read 3655 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Whitney Houston has died
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:25 AM »
Talent (sports, film, music...doesn't matter) who has an entourage is more likely than not to die young of a drug overdose.

From what I've read it's the need to feed that entourage that brings the downfall.  The need to keep the income high, the need to perform whether your body wants to or not.  The pressure to have another hit or your career is over. 

Bill Bruford wrote a little about this in his book, what he's seen brushing up against the big time a couple times, plus the transformation he saw in Phil Collins, going from moderately successful in the 70's to The Big Thing in the 80's.  Bill Bruford survived and thrived by just getting out of the situations when they rose (quitting Yes as they hit the big time.)

Obviously Whitney never could cope.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »
Singer Whitney Houston's use of cocaine "exacerbated her heart condition" and played a role in her   accidental drowning in the bathtub of a Beverly Hills hotel suite, Los Angeles County Chief Coroner Craig Harvey said.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/whitney-houston-cocaine-worsened-heart-problems-officials-say.html

No surprise.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 04:25:53 AM »
I wonder when we're going to hear the last of this saga and move on to something important . The media just can't seem to let go !  ::gaah::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
I wonder when we're going to hear the last of this saga and move on to something important . The media just can't seem to let go !  ::gaah::

Surely you're not expecting REAL news?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson