Author Topic: Whitney Houston has died  (Read 3664 times)

Offline JohnnyW

• Newb
Whitney Houston has died
« on: February 11, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
Amazing voice. Gone at 48 yrs old.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Whitney Houston has died
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
Drugs, no doubt.  RIP, Whitney.  I hope her daughter gets what she needs and doesn't follow in Mama's footsteps.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »

They broke into Huckabee's show and it has Øccupied it for the last 15 minutes.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:16 PM »

They broke into Huckabee's show and it has Øccupied it for the last 15 minutes.

Aw jeez. She wasn't all that.  Say yer RIPs and get on with it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »

I wasn't watching enterfrikkintainment tonight, but it's still going right now.

Sorry Whitney, you should have gotten away from that POS Bobby.  RIP

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
So many drugs. So little time.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »
It's really too bad, what fame does to some people. It doesn't seem to depend on talent. Some no-talent people get famous and ride the wave successfully for their entire lives. Some people with an obvious blessing of talent straight from God almighty devolve into chaos and despair.

There's no question that Whitney Houston was blessed with a talent that was a once-in-a-generation type talent. But for whatever reason, she squandered it to death.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 03:17:59 AM »
I'll never understand what possesses some successful and talented people to destroy themselves in that manner .

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
I'll never understand what possesses some successful and talented people to destroy themselves in that manner .

I've always believed it's because they have nothing to guide them (faith, good upbringing, whatever) and nothing to go to if they lose all the attention.  Those who look at being in the entertainment biz as a job/career seemed to be better off than the ones who look to fame to fill up whatever is missing in their lives.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
I understand Bobby Brown was inconsolable.  Yeah, I guess I would be sobbing too if my meal ticket and crack supply checked out in a motel bathtub . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »
I can’t help but be a cynic when I see what happens to America’s God Given Talent.

The Cultural Rot that is spun off from the Liberal Ideology has just claimed yet another innocent victim.

Yeah, I know you probably could argue with me about her not being a victim, but she was collateral damage in an ongoing cultural war in our
society.

She discovered her God Given Talent in church singing praises for God, her Lord and Savior.

And it ended up ending her life when she took it to the secular music culture. I don’t have a problem with Christians singing in the secular world, but they need to know that the Devil is ready to take them down and they don’t have the protections that are available in that Cultural Rot Donkey Kong World.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

hemm

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
I agree with Tony Bennett ............

But I call it thinning the gene pool.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
Talent (sports, film, music...doesn't matter) who has an entourage is more likely than not to die young of a drug overdose.

The entourage is a parasite that shields the talent from the truly concerned (usually but not always family members are kept at arms length by the entourage...sometimes family members are part of the parasitic entourage) and keeps the talent full up on drugs and/or alcohol and sex partners.

The entourage siphons off money from the talent and keeps the talent alive for the sole purpose of feeding itself. The media is part of the equation in that the entourage grants access to the talent in exchange for silence about itself. It is only after the talent has finally died that the entourage is exposed.

Sickening.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »
   All that stories like this mean is that somebody had more money than character.

Truly sad.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »
On boy, the carrying on.  FNC did a whole segment this evening.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »

Did anyone offer any reasons as to why this happened and how to avoid it?  Or was it presented as some sort of unavoidable tragedy?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »

Did anyone offer any reasons as to why this happened and how to avoid it?  Or was it presented as some sort of unavoidable tragedy?

I didn't actually absorb what FNC was showing as we were busy doing other things and it was on as background.  For what it's worth, I can tell you what happened -- she drowned in the hotel bathtub -- and how to avoid it -- don't take prescription narcotics on top of a sh*tload of alcohol and then take a bath.

She had a great voice -- I get it -- but other than that and bearing a daughter with an unfortunate resemblance to her Father, with what did she grace the world?

Yeah, I'm mean.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »
On boy, the carrying on.  FNC did a whole segment this evening.

Did anyone offer any reasons as to why this happened and how to avoid it?  Or was it presented as some sort of unavoidable tragedy?

I didn't actually absorb what FNC was showing as we were busy doing other things and it was on as background.  For what it's worth, I can tell you what happened -- she drowned in the hotel bathtub -- and how to avoid it -- don't take prescription narcotics on top of a sh*tload of alcohol and then take a bath.

She had a great voice -- I get it -- but other than that and bearing a daughter with an unfortunate resemblance to her Father, with what did she grace the world?

Yeah, I'm mean.

Entertainers who die prematurely are always canonized by popular culture. I don't get it, other than it seems like the easy way out, to avoid dealing with the reality of how the entertainment industry chews people up and spits them out. It's real easy after somebody chokes on their puke and dies to say how wonderful they were, how much they'll be missed, what a great and true friend they were, what great talent they had, how the world will never be the same, yadda-yadda-yadda.

I feel bad that she died - or when anyone dies prematurely. But I feel cynical toward those who act personally affected when they didn't know her from squat.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »
Demi Moore is next. According to what I read in the grocery store checkout, anyway.