Author Topic: Miltary Evenly Split  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Miltary Evenly Split
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
Military is evenly split between Dem and GOP new study shows

Is there reason to fear our military? Half of it. Yes.
Luckily 2/3 of the upper commanders seem to be Republican/Conservative.  So there is hope.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Miltary Evenly Split
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
I'm sure the liberal social engineering that they've been subjecting the institution to has had as much to do about that as anything.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »
I'm sure the liberal social engineering that they've been subjecting the institution to has had as much to do about that as anything.

Well, many are young kids who attended public schools. Need I say more?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
And the fact that a poor economy causes an influx of certain types who would have otherwise not even bothered with the military as an option.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
Exactly. Do you recall the stories about the Pentagon being alarmed at the infusion of "gangs" in the ranks? These are not unrelated coincidences. I remember the JROTC unit at my high school being disproportionately composed of hefty black females with fixations on their ridiculously long nails. It communicated a lot, but "elite warrior" wasn't part of it.

I'd be curious of how the Rep/Dem numbers break down if you sample just combat units vs. support units.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »
And I wonder how many good people are forced out, leaving more less than desireable elements in place...?

(Those combat units will be hardest hit I bet!)

::gaah::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »
And I wonder how many good people are forced out, leaving more less than desireable elements in place...?

Oh you know Obama will do everything in his power to make sure conservatives are pushed out of the ranks during this "downsizing"
Of course, that means more trained and dangerous people in the civilian ranks to train and lead people like me.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »

Oh you know Obama will do everything in his power to make sure conservatives are pushed out of the ranks during this "downsizing"
Of course, that means more trained and dangerous people in the civilian ranks to train and lead people like me.

I like your plan!   ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »

Exactly what I've been saying.  They will be as pissed off, maybe moreso, than we and willing to lend a shoulder to the wheel.  Many have children to be concerned about, and extended family, and no need to be torn between obeying orders or obeying their consciences.

Win/win for us.

Toooooo bad for the Obamanites.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
This surprised me (too) at first blush, but after thinking about it for a while....

When I examine the prevailing attitudes of enlistment age kids these days I see a bunch of political agnostics who have received a heavy indoctrination of insanity (AKA liberalism). Few of them have held more than a menial-labor job (responsibility), few are married (commitment), and very few own anything of substance like a house & mortgage (financial discipline). Selfish, self-indulgent, narcissistic people are the breeding ground for liberalism. Life experience, self-examination, and acceptance of responsibility is the soil upon which conservatism grows and prospers.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

It didn't apply to me but I've seen it applicable to more than a few so I'm gonna give it some credence.

edit: altard-proofed

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 09:21:03 PM »

Exactly what I've been saying.  They will be as pissed off, maybe moreso, than we and willing to lend a shoulder to the wheel.  Many have children to be concerned about, and extended family, and no need to be torn between obeying orders or obeying their consciences.

Win/win for us.

Toooooo bad for the Obamanites.

Hope you're right, although he may have civil service jobs lined up for them.  Yeah, I can see that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 07:19:55 AM »
This surprised me (too) at first blush, but after thinking about it for a while....

When I examine the prevailing attitudes of enlistment age kids these days I see a bunch of political agnostics who have received a heavy indoctrination of insanity (AKA liberalism). Few of them have held more than a menial-labor job (responsibility), few are married (commitment), and very few own anything of substance like a house & mortgage (financial discipline). Selfish, self-indulgent, narcissistic people are the breeding ground for liberalism. Life experience, self-examination, and acceptance of responsibility is the soil upon which conservatism grows and prospers.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

It didn't apply to me but I've seen it applicable to more than a few so I'm gonna give it some credence.

edit: altard-proofed

Pretty much the way it worked with me.  I wasn't a leftist per se in my youth, I was really completely disinterested in politics then, just despised all authority and despised anybody who had to belong to a group of any kind to derive self-worth , I was really an independent malcontent troublemaker.  And I didn't start to mentally mature until I enlisted and began to self-educate myself.  Much formal education followed my tour, but a near insatiable quest for self-knowledge and improvement never again left me.  Not the road I would recommend for most, but people come from many roads, all we can do is pray they find the right path sooner rather later or never at all.