Author Topic: Feds shut down Amish farm for selling fresh milk  (Read 3416 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Feds shut down Amish farm for selling fresh milk
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »
a fetus is a human being. That is not a moral opinion, or a immoral opinion, or a scientific opinion. Opinion, it is not.

Blacks were meant to be slaves.  Its a Fact. Just ask a  Southern slaveowner
Jews are Evil. Its a Fact. Just ask Hitler.
Jesus wanted the Government to provide Charity. Its a Fact.  Just Ask Obama.
Catastrophic Global warming will kill us all. Its a fact. Just ask Al Gore.
The Sun goes round the earth. Its a Fact. Just ask Pope Urban VIII.

All human knowledge is a based on opinion. "Facts" exist in in the external empirical world - but you have NEVER even seen that world ( your retina does lots of image processing even before the signal is sent to your brain)  All of the information you have is perceived and processed by a human brain, and therefore prone to errors of interpretation. As a result, no one can be said to be in possession of the "facts."  That is why the inalienable right of conscience is so important.  People need to be free to consider the evidence and make up their own minds. To say otherwise is to justify all the evil that has been done by people who declare a fact then then proceed to act using force against others. When there is no human  consensus on "the facts", freedom must  become our guide. Even when there is a consensus, as in  Hitler's germany, or in Galileo's Church,  there is no guarantee that the "Facts" agreed to will be "facts" in the empirical, real world sense. 

In our great country, our Constitution protects our life. We have the 'right' to life. It is not a privilege and it is not based on a moral opinion.

Of course a Fetus has a right to life.  It is as self-evident as any other statement in the Declaration.  Likewise,  Blacks were free men before the Constitution was amendended to recognize them as such.  But why did we need an Amendment? Because there  was no consensus on the "facts" and therefore no consent to a government that had the power to abolish the practice of slavery.  That is why there are such compromises as the 3/5s clause.  It is not a document based on moral Law, inalienable rights, or religious doctrine.. The Constitution and the legitimacy of the government it creates  is based solely  on consent, and as such  the Constitution and Amendments  mean what they meant to the people who consented to them.  Can you provide one shred of evidence from history  that anything in the Constitution was understood by those who ratified it that any of those provisions apply to a fetus?  If not, then consent to that interpretation was not given , and  the Constitution is silent on the subject. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I think it's important to note that we don't serve the constitution for the sake of the constitution. We serve the constitution for the sake of the people whose rights it guarantees.

And Obama feels the same way. That same argument justifies his imposition of Obamacare, The Great Society, FDRs New Deal, Roe Vs Wade, and every other change the liberals have made to our constitutional laws. Every liberal will tell you that the constitution must change for the sake of the people who are governed by it. We either follow our agreement or we don't.  If we agree that the Constitution is meaningless, and is  trumped any time we feel strongly about something, we may as well end the experiment now and just admit humans are incapable of Constitutional government, and therefore  there is no point in having a constitution. Whatever you can get away with in the current process (however conducted) is considered just and right, because might makes right.  Talk of inalienable rights, limited powers, and personal freedom is then just that- Talk.   

I don't think liberals took over schools, churches, and media before they used government as a tool for implementing the changes they seek. They took their political and judicial advances in the war as they could win them, regardless of where they happened to be in the culture war at the time.When it suited their needs, such as in Roe, they changed the law first, and forced the culture to accept it, and eventually embrace it.

No doubt they took political advantages when they came, but as a general rule political support only comes AFTER cultural support. (Judges come first because political support isn't as important- but those judges were "educated" somewhere)  Betty Friedan wrote the Feminine Mystique in 1963, and there was already support for Abortion before the court decision.   Roe V. wade was decided in 1973.  The liberal assault on public schools occurred in the 1880-90s, and 20-30 years later we had the decadent roaring 20s, and an electorate  so willing to reform America they passed 6 amendments between 1913 and 1933 including  prohibition, income tax and the popular election of senators. FDR and the New Deal?  Right up the reformer's alley.. The Free love 60s came before we got Johnson and the Great Society.  If you do anything too unpopular before the general populace  is ready for it, then you are thrown out on your ear. The fact that they never waited for supermajority support , or obeyed the Constitution in any way is exactly the point, and why they were and are tyrants and despots. And the solution I am hearing is that we must also become tyrants and despots, and thereby loose any legitimacy that we might have had under our agreement and concede the that Constitution is meaningless in our affairs going forward, except as an occasional prop to justify what we were going to do anyway. You seems to propose  saving  the Constitution by destroying its very meaning and significance.  I suppose one could argue that we will "restore" it later, but history shows such a promise is seldom kept, and since right now less than half the people even understand the principles behind it, the idea will be lost forever.

Jefferson's quote is meaningful to me in this discussion:

[blockquote]A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means.[/blockquote]

If you take the quote in context he is talking about armed conflicts. And if we find ourselves in one of those, then the Constitution is already moot and void, because we are seeking extra-constitutional measure to rectify our grievances. If extra-constitutional methods are required, why should play at the enemy's game of being tyrants and despots using the government as a weapon, if indeed killing them in their beds is the right remedy. If extra-constitutional measures are called for, it would seem using methods  that DON'T destroy the entire meaning and purpose of the document, and call into question the legitimacy of the system,  may be best. If we must fight a war, then by all means let us impose our wills when we become the victors, but lets not fight that war using the enemy's tools. They will corrupt us,  as power always corrupts all men. 

Some things just seem contradictory. [ETA- We should give in because they will fight?] 

Sometimes it is necessary to lose a battle to win the war. And once you win, you can return to that battlefield and reassert your superiority over it. . The first objective is pushing the government back out of our Lives, our Families , our homes and our decisions, so that we can freely enjoy and display the cultural attributes we desire and feel are right. We need to be free to say our minds without fear of reprisal from a PC HR department. We need to be free to preach and practice our religion in the public square. We need to be free to teach our children according  to our beliefs and values. We need to be free to publish, make movies, and influence public discussion. We need to be free to define and keep our own vows to each other.  We need to be free to make the decisions for the pursuit of our own happiness.  We are not fighting for "the culture" we are fighting to retain our own culture, against on onslaught of another different, separate, and entirely incompatible, barbarian  culture. 

These social issues, such as Gay Marriage and Abortion, are direct attacks on that other culture- They are about the enemy's lives, families and homes, and decisions.  It is not our babies they kill, but theirs.  It is not our souls they soil, but theirs. If the  barbarian enemy want to kill their own babies - let them - as long as they do it with their own money, and in their own communities and outside our gates.

WE must  protect our own houses, our own lives, our own families , our own decisions and our own culture  from attack first. If our culture is so valuable, then it needs to be protected,  - here and at home, before any counter attack on them can be waged. We are dealing with  uncivilized barbarians, and our first priority should be getting  them back outside the gates.  Screaming about how we plan to attack their homes, and their decisions  will only make them fight all the harder. Let them think they have a safe place to retreat to, and they will be more likely to go there in the face of our push to get them the hell out of our lives. And once that is secure, THEN after growing and consolidating our forces,  they will see our propserity and beg to be let in.

But say we do push on on both fronts. Say we succeed in forcing them to live according to our cultural values using the Government to make it so, as they have tried to do with us. All we have done is reinforced THEIR cultural principle  that the government has the right to be in our houses and in our heads. We have reaffirmed that Might makes Right. We have traded an eye for an eye,  and taught the barbarians nothing of civilized life,  so they WILL CONTINUE to be barbarians coddling their grievances till they get their chance at revenge. Or so say the last 6000 years of human history.

Cultures are tribal in nature - they gain strength one individual at a time - dependant upon what that individual sees as "normal" and what values they identify with. Our culture is superior. We know that. That is why the Frankfurt school invented "critical theory" - they wanted to attack our culture and make individuals loose faith in its superiority. But they had nothing superior to offer - they were just trying to inhibit the expression of our  ideals and beliefs, in words and actions. If we can remove the blocks, and again have the freedom to engage in it without interference, our  culture WILL be come dominant, one person at a time, because it offers superior results. Or perhaps I am one of the few people left with that sort of faith in my culture? I think  China has NEVER been really conquered for this reason. The conquerors always end up becoming  culturally Chinese. It simply never occurs to the Chinese that anyone would want to be anything else. 

Obviously folks here disagree.   It seems most want a two front politcal war fought under a complete compromise of principles,  providing built-in vigor and motivation to the enemy to fight us on both fronts , when they would be less inclined to fight us on a single  front where all of our resources could be brought to bear, and all while dividing and alienating those within our own ranks.

Who am I to argue?

Think I will get back to prepping.  Now where did I leave that Dead Horse? Oh, here it is.
 ::smalldeadhorse::

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »
a fetus is a human being. That is not a moral opinion, or a immoral opinion, or a scientific opinion. Opinion, it is not.

All human knowledge is a based on opinion.

Life exists whether humans have knowledge of it or not, or has nothing do with their 'opinions' either. It is what it is.

Opinions may determine if Jews or evil or bad, but not whether they exist or not. A fetus is life, no matter anyone's opinion. Man's opinion doesn't change what it is, because its existence doesn't depend on anyone's opinion.

Now, depending on man's opinion, the killing of a human fetus may be acceptable or not. But even that statement is an oxymoron, because how can you kill something if it isn't life to begin with? But I digress. I'm sorry. I'm just ranting about how easy it is for us to accept false premises to begin with, and the whole concept that a fetus is a human or not depending on moral opinions is a false premise, and it sets you up to accept false conclusions.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 04:33:10 PM »
Weisshaupt, I understand exactly what you're saying and why; your point is well-taken that we cannot impose our culture on "them" as they have imposed on us without betraying our own principles.

You wrote:

The first objective is pushing the government back out of our Lives, our Families , our homes and our decisions, so that we can freely enjoy and display the cultural attributes we desire and feel are right. We need to be free to say our minds without fear of reprisal from a PC HR department. We need to be free to preach and practice our religion in the public square. We need to be free to teach our children according  to our beliefs and values. We need to be free to publish, make movies, and influence public discussion. We need to be free to define and keep our own vows to each other.  We need to be free to make the decisions for the pursuit of our own happiness.  We are not fighting for "the culture" we are fighting to retain our own culture, against on onslaught of another different, separate, and entirely incompatible, barbarian  culture.

Is it your contention that we can do this through elections and by winning minds, one individual at a time?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
I never said the constitution should be changed for the sake of the people who are governed by it Weisshaupt. I said we don't serve it for its own sake. We serve it for the sake of the people whose rights it guarantees. It is a document that defines the relationship between sovereign citizens and government. We and the government are the subject to which the document applies. Without the people and the need for a government, the constitution is meaningless. It exists for us, not the other way around. We don't serve it so that it can endure. We serve it because we believe that its tenets will cause the nation to endure. The nation IS the people. I never said anything about changing the constitution for the sake of anyone, and I can hardly believe you likened my comment to the beliefs of Obama.

...And the solution I am hearing is that we must also become tyrants and despots, and thereby loose any legitimacy that we might have had under our agreement and concede the that Constitution is meaningless in our affairs going forward, except as an occasional prop to justify what we were going to do anyway. You seems to propose  saving  the Constitution by destroying its very meaning and significance.

No sir. What you are hearing, at least from me, is that when there is a civil rights issue in dispute, with people disagreeing on the definition of an enumerated constitutional right, an argument will ensue, and that argument is right and natural and provided for under the constitution, and that the political arena is the right and proper place for the argument to ensue. You are hearing that it is not incumbent upon parties interested in more carefully defining civil rights enumerated in the constitution to wait for a supermajority to have their say. You are hearing that I find your supermajority litmus test before any legislative action can be taken toward correcting a civil rights violation to be constitutionally unnecessary.

I disagree with your interpretation, that is all. You seem to be arguing that until the day when there is a 2/3 majority on any civil rights issue that would compel a constitutional amendment, no legislative action can be taken to correct the civil rights violation. I disagree. You and I disagree. That doesn't mean I'm shredding the constitution, any more than I would accuse you of deifying it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 06:26:54 PM »
A fetus is life, no matter anyone's opinion. Man's opinion doesn't change what it is, because its existence doesn't depend on anyone's opinion.

Sure. A fetus is a life.  So was the deer I shot last season.  So was the tree I cut down. The question isn't one of "if a fetus is a life?", or even if a "fetus is a human". Those are false premises for the question at stake.  It is a question of if the rights of a fetus  are protected by the Constitution- a document founded upon consent, and which cannot legitimately  made to say more, or less, than what was understood  by the people who agreed to it.  I agree that by the Declaration, the Principles of our founding, and all my understanding of morality that a Fetus <should> be so protected ( I prefer to call it a baby) but we have not yet obtained the consent of our wicked fellow men to make it so.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
I never said the constitution should be changed for the sake of the people who are governed by it Weisshaupt. I said we don't serve it for its own sake. We serve it for the sake of the people whose rights it guarantees.

I am having trouble grasping the distinction made here. I apologize if I took the wrong understanding and made an erroneous comparison. I agree  the Constituion was a document made to serve us, but once ratified, its a binding contract, and we are morally obligated to "do all we say we will do" - and to enforce it as it was understood and according to the original meaning.  If doing otherwise is how we must preserve it, then the point of preserving it is just lost on me. 

No sir. What you are hearing, at least from me, is that when there is a civil rights issue in dispute, with people disagreeing on the definition of an enumerated constitutional right, an argument will ensue, and that argument is right and natural and provided for under the constitution, and that the political arena is the right and proper place for the argument to ensue.... I disagree with your interpretation, that is all. You seem to be arguing that until the day when there is a 2/3 majority on any civil rights issue that would compel a constitutional amendment, no legislative action can be taken to correct the civil rights violation...You and I disagree.

Do we agree on how the constitution is to be interpreted? Are we honor bound to the meaning originally understood by those who ratified and/or amended it?  In most matters, unless specifically addressed in the Constitution, the jurisdiction falls to the States ( or lower) as explicitly stated in  Amendments 9 & 10. There is no specific and explicit "right to life" or "right to marry" in the constitution.  The closest thing you have is Amendment 14:

[blockquote]Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. [/blockquote]

When that was ratified, is there any logical reason to think that they had unborn human fetus in mind  and included in the defintion of a "person"?  Even if they did, are there not laws in place that do control the proceedure, in otherwords "due process"?

Further, most people in the United States are unwilling to ban it wholesale, wanting exceptions  for the life of the mother or for rape. Note I am NOT stateing this can't be legislated, only that the Federal government  is not currently  the proper place to do this. These decisions shouldbe returned ot the States.   

charlesoakwood

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

The evil spirit was saying, “Start with the primacy of the economic! Forget about sin!” He still says this today in different words, “My Commissar goes into classrooms and asks children to pray to God for bread. And when their prayers are not answered, my Commissar feeds them. The Dictator gives bread; God does not, because there is no God, there is no soul; there is only the body, pleasure, sex, the animal, and when we die, that is the end.”

Life of Christ, page 69 - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »
Weisshaupt, I understand exactly what you're saying and why; your point is well-taken that we cannot impose our culture on "them" as they have imposed on us without betraying our own principles.

Is it your contention that we can do this through elections and by winning minds, one individual at a time?

It is my contention that, if both cultures are allowed to continue unmolested, the one that sacrifices its own children on the alter of personal  irresponsibility, will end up reaping the rewards of that stupidity.  Cultures, and their values of right and wrong, largely exist to transmit wisdom from generation to generation. When you do things long considered  "right", you are more likely to have good outcomes. When  you do them "wrong" - you will often reap undesirable outcomes - even if no outside punishments are involved, because long experience has shown that doing thing that way just leads to trouble.  

Over time, some of these "right"/"wrong" decisions can become irrelevant.  Proper slaughtering and re-fridgeration of Pork has rendered a ban on its consumption archaic.  One could argue that the advent of Birth control has rendered the ethic of not having sex before marriage archaic, but as we have seen , that pregnancy was just ONE undesirable outcome of that behavior. Something our ancestors probably found out long, long, long ago, but we forgot, because rather than list all of the reasons why, a culture will just label that as wrong, and keep moving.

The Barbarians at our gate have an anti-Culture because of Critical Theory. In most cases their "right" is our "wrong" and vice-versa, and they are using our government to extort a  tribute from us, and this tribute is used to offset the costs of their (from our point of view)  bad behavior - be it getting pregnant, being lazy, being irresponsible, or whatever.  These people are poor because their culture is poor, and their leaders keep exacting tribute from us to lower the impact of that fact. And then to add insult to injury they now want to start enforcing their "poor" culture on us, forcing us to do what we consider  "wrong" and to force us to make poor decisions ( like investing in Social Security or an Obamacare policy). Just like bailouts to banks, they bail out every single person under their care, and with the same effect.  

Were we to free ourselves from this tribute, and control, the consequences of poor and bad behavior ( again from our perspective)  would be borne by the people engaging in it, and that would quickly bring about changes in behavior, and they would be forced by reality to  begin to mirror the culture of successful people around them, just to survive. You need a job eh? Well here is what I expect.   You need a handout eh? Well, I will make you a deal.  Our right to censure undesireables, confine them to ghettos, and socially ostracize them would be returned.   Meanwhile, with outblood flowing in our own veins again,  we are providing  an excellent example of why the right behavior is right. Basically all of the stuff we expect to see teotwaki, and for the same reasons.  

So yes, maybe I am naive, but I seriously do think that if their culture was deprived of us as a host, it would collapse very, very quickly under the reality of the decisions they make and the consequences that ensue.  Women who have had abortions experience mental trauma  Sooner of later that gets noticed by the younger women, just as a lot of younger women have noticed that "feminist" career women  tend to end up divorced or never-married, lonely  and bitter, and are therefore modifying thier attitudes to again include homemaker and wife. Cultures will heal themselves if allowed, because reality is the underlying factor for much of what they do.