Author Topic: Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns  (Read 747 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
At the risk of the obvious raised eyebrows and veiled accusations of rampant paranoia (Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me), witness the fate of one David Sarti, late of the National Geographic series, "Doomsday Preppers".

Warning: Prepping can be dangerous to your health, sanity, and freedom

http://offgridsurvival.com/doomsdayprepperdeclaredmentaldefective/

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
At the risk of the obvious raised eyebrows and veiled accusations of rampant paranoia (Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me), witness the fate of one David Sarti, late of the National Geographic series, "Doomsday Preppers".

Warning: Prepping can be dangerous to your health, sanity, and freedom

http://offgridsurvival.com/doomsdayprepperdeclaredmentaldefective/
He isn't crazy. He has a piece of paper to prove it.
He says that it had nothing to do with Nat-Geo or prepping, and apparently happened before the taping.  Just a doctor that was offended that he refused treatment most probably. Just wait till your government controls the doctors..

Offline michelleo

Obviously, if the doctor, hospital staff and police knew  even a little bit about this guy, they'd realize he's working his tail off to LIVE and survive, not kill himself.

It's also a lesson in being very cautious what you say around doctors and authority figures.  Don't give them any excuse.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
It's also a lesson in being very cautious what you say around doctors and authority figures.  Don't give them any excuse.

I learned that, but it's not just what you say.  All that scribbling the doc is doing while you're talking?  What she's recording is not just your medical information, but her impressions of your "attitude", and anything else she feels like writing there.  This becomes part of your permanent records in her office, and anywhere else your records are transferred.

Same thing with hospital admissions. I'm figuring the admissions people in the ER are not trained psychologists, but they also make the same notes along with your medical data.  The one ER visit I've ever had was as an adult, I was sick as a dog, barely able to sit upright or do much talking, and the data read "patient is anxious".  The clerk didn't ask me if I was, she didn't write that I appeared anxious, she just decided I was, and while barely looking at my face.

I found all this out when a doctor fired me and I obtained my records from her to find another; she also had a copy of the hospital admission data.

I don't answer questions on medical forms contained in the "social" section about "alcohol use", smoking, or guns anymore and there's probably a doctor somewhere that wrote "patient is hostile" about my refusal to do so.  Heh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes

I learned that, but it's not just what you say.  All that scribbling the doc is doing while you're talking?  What she's recording is not just your medical information, but her impressions of your "attitude", and anything else she feels like writing there.  This becomes part of your permanent records in her office, and anywhere else your records are transferred.

Same thing with hospital admissions. I'm figuring the admissions people in the ER are not trained psychologists, but they also make the same notes along with your medical data.  The one ER visit I've ever had was as an adult, I was sick as a dog, barely able to sit upright or do much talking, and the data read "patient is anxious".  The clerk didn't ask me if I was, she didn't write that I appeared anxious, she just decided I was, and while barely looking at my face.

I found all this out when a doctor fired me and I obtained my records from her to find another; she also had a copy of the hospital admission data.

I don't answer questions on medical forms contained in the "social" section about "alcohol use", smoking, or guns anymore and there's probably a doctor somewhere that wrote "patient is hostile" about my refusal to do so.  Heh.

And your care may turn on that simple "observation"...unfortunately.

I'm sure my files have the same observations...as does my kids...my adult daughter had surgery this past summer and she screamed at the nurse that her mom wasn't leaving (when the nurse said I had to leave after visiting hours were over).
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
this story was timely to me. My older brother and I have befriended an old guy who lives in the same park where my folks live. He sought out my brother for assistance when the managers of the park were harassing him. Amos (not his real name) is absolutely harmless - except to himself - and only then because he is so unassuming and docile.  He's old and tired and ill and wants to be left alone. His family lives in another state and why they don't check on him is a travesty (IMO).

So Amos takes a spill during the ice storm we recently had and is carted off to the emergency room. There they don't want to be bothered with him and shuttle him to an assisted living (yea right) facility to recuperate.....or something. The "caregivers" force him under duress of withholding treatment to sign some papers that 1. signs him up for welfare, 2. commits him to this facility indefinitely, and 3. signs away his personal assets.

When the enormity of what is going down hits him he panics and tries to leave. They restrain him. He is now being held involuntarily. As in against his wishes and against his will. My brother and I are trying to get him set up with a guardian ad litem but it isn't going well (we have no legal interest - just a personal one).

Meanwhile if the bastard managers catch wind of this they will initiate foreclosure on him (they already tried twice and it was only my brother's intervention that stopped them).

Don't for a moment think that it can't happen to you.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Is there anyone in the local media (perhaps conservative radio) who would pursue this story?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
Is there anyone in the local media (perhaps conservative radio) who would pursue this story?

I doubt it. We have a larger story about elder abuse (harassing, intimidating, and defrauding not physical abuse) and haven't been able to gain any traction with it with anyone.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
"Just wait till your government controls the doctors."

::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.