Author Topic: American Grease  (Read 463 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
American Grease
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/3c7fad3e-55a7-11e1-b66d-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1mInCks2i

American Grease!

A musical about teens in love in the 50's! It's California, 1959 and greaser Danny Zuko and Australian Sandy Olsson are in love. They spend time at the beach, but when they go back to school, what either of them don't know is that they both now attend Rydell High. Danny's the leader of the T-Birds, a group of black-jacket greasers while Sandy hangs with the Pink Ladies, a group of pink-wearing girls led by Rizzo. When they clash at Rydell's first pep rally, Danny isn't the same Danny at the beach. They try to be like each other so they can be together.

The civilization of ancient Grease flowered more than 2500 years ago but it influences the way we live today. Grease is a peninsula in southeastern Europe. The people of the region attempted to explain the world through the laws of nature. They made important discoveries in science. They developed democracy, where people govern themselves rather than being ruled by a king. The Geeks also valued beauty and imagination. They wrote many stories and plays that continue to be performed today. The ancient Geeks developed a great deal of what we take for granted. This is why Grease is often known as the Cradle of Western Civilization. We fell in love with her!

But now, the Summer is over, and we discover that our lover during the Summer is in our school. Now what do we do? We've grown so much since Summer and have learned so much more! But now, we will certainly have a 'clash' with our Summer Lover! She has given us all we know in our civilzation. We owe her!

Now, she is crashing and burning and destroying her civization through feckless and reckless liberal utopian fallicies, but she is our girlfriend and lover. We must follow her! We owe it to her!

Hello Honey!, and good-bye to all my money!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: American Grease
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
I never did like that musical.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: American Grease
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »
Greece is the Word . . . is the word . . . is the word.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.