Author Topic: Pelosi: cuts will interfere with government’s “biblical power to cure”  (Read 3341 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
    House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said the House Republicans’ proposed cut to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) budget would hurt biomedical research’s “biblical power to cure.”

Pelosi, speaking at a press conference on Capitol Hill celebrating the first anniversary of the health care bill’s passage, said, “There’s a cut in funding for the National Institutes of Health. This is not a healthy thing for our country because that research has answers. You know that every family in America is one telephone call, one diagnosis, one accident away from needing the kind of biomedical research that can cure–really have the biblical power to cure in a very, very special way and so to cut back on that research is wrong.”

Technically, of course, the NIH doesn’t actually cure anyone directly, as they don’t treat patients.  The NIH acts as a clearinghouse for medical research, and a funding agency for some of that research as well as researchers themselves.  That’s not to say that their work isn’t important or needless, but they’re not laying on hands at the NIH, either.

The question of funding isn’t a yes/no issue, either.  The GOP isn’t closing down the NIH, but cutting back on its funding in FY2011 by $1 billion.  That would actually return the NIH to the same level of funding they received last year, $31 billion, as the NIH asked for an increase of $997 million.  In other words, the “cut” is almost entirely — 99.7% — a decision not to increase funding.  Furthermore, NIH got along fine in FY2009 with $30 billion, and managed to do its “biblical” work with $28 billion in FY2006, FY2007, and FY2008.

Unless the NIH got its “biblical power” from its latest budget request, the only thing biblical in this equation is Pelosi’s chutzpah.  Maybe Pelosi should reread the Bible, and inform us of the passages where healings occurred through the laying of greenbacks on bureaucrats.

Link

There are no words.  She's ......  UNsane.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Yip. She is 100% certifiably batsh*t f**kin crazy. The sight of her or the sound of her voice causes a visceral reaction.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
The only "Bible"  Pelosi knows is Dunn & Bradstreet and her own listing there-in .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Yip. She is 100% certifiably batsh*t f**kin crazy. The sight of her or the sound of her voice causes a visceral reaction.

I don't think she's crazy because that would be a medical reason for her actions. I think she's just plain stupid and you can't fix stupid.I honestly believe that she' has no idea what she's saying at any given time. Her stupidity would mean nothing most times but what scares me is the idiocy of an electorate the votes her in.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
She's a heretic, actually, technically.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
I would say she is bi polar. Stupid and crazy.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

::evilbat:: Heretic ::evilbat::

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Typical demo?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Typical demo?

Mebbe so, but there's something peculiarly ... evil .... about her dissonance.  People like her, with her unrestricted faith in government, usually do not refer to it in Biblical terms - they eschew it, because, to them, government is God.  Her doing so doesn't seem calculated; it seems almost demonic, as though she doesn't even realize what she's saying.

"We have to pass the bill so you can see what's in it"?   ::speechless::

I dunno, "stream of consciousness"ing here, as IDP has sed.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.

HERE THERE BE MOONBATS

If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Typical demo?

Mebbe so, but there's something peculiarly ... evil .... about her dissonance.  People like her, with her unrestricted faith in government, usually do not refer to it in Biblical terms - they eschew it, because, to them, government is God.  Her doing so doesn't seem calculated; it seems almost demonic, as though she doesn't even realize what she's saying.

"We have to pass the bill so you can see what's in it"?   ::speechless::

I dunno, "stream of consciousness"ing here, as IDP has sed.

I believe she knew exactly what she was saying. This is the next step of evolution. Fear me more than God because I have more influence over your life. You can't survive without me so you better do as I say.

I agree it is evil.....and talk about elitist. I am on par with God...No, I am greater.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ms.Cryptkeeper?!

::mooning::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"I guarantee you that woman sleeps upside down!" - Dennis Miller
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

How can you argue with that statement.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

Do thats her issue....All the blood is running out of her brain. ::mooning::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I take it to mean that she hangs by her feet!

::evilbat::

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.