Author Topic: More statist intervention into areas once reserved for parents  (Read 8218 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: More statist intervention into areas once reserved for parents
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 08:41:49 AM »
If this happened to my child...i'd be the most hated individual by each and every teacher..... because i'd be at the cafeteria every GD day challenging the lunch patrol.

Sometime reason doesnt work. A good old fashioned, in your face calling you a tool, stepping on my rights screamfest....Telling anyone within earshot that touching my kids lunch will result in a bitch slap.

Sometimes its the only answer.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
 ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
If this happened to my child...i'd be the most hated individual by each and every teacher..... because i'd be at the cafeteria every GD day challenging the lunch patrol.

Sometime reason doesnt work. A good old fashioned, in your face calling you a tool, stepping on my rights screamfest....Telling anyone within earshot that touching my kids lunch will result in a bitch slap.

Sometimes its the only answer.

Musket to the Junk.  In the end that is the only place we will have left to go. And we will just have to keep going once we start.
Yelling at them will probably only result in child services at the door.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
2nd N.C. Mother Says Daughter’s School Lunch Replaced for Not Being Healthy Enough

Unh hunh.  So much for Rob Scofield, claiming today on WPTF, that this was one mistake made by one ignerrint school employee.

Parents!  Get your poop in a group and make sure this is NOT happening to your kids!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »
I had to use the tactic one time in my sons school years.

My son in his pre teen years was exactly like me. Hyper. Energy. On the move. Constant go. He also, when he was excited about any subject, would talk fast...real fast. Didn't matter the subject, if he was engaged he spoke real fast..... if he had no interest he did not. It would happen in class when he became involved. So, our first contact with a teacher who thought he had a speech impediment. OK.... Meeting, we listened and they wanted to put him some sort of class...but I said no, he doesn't have an issue, if he speaks quickly in your class your doing your job...he is involved....So a few weeks passed and apparantly my answer wasnt good enough....So this time we needed to meet with others.

My wife knew I had reached my "happy" point and I invited her to stay home. But she went anyway. We sit down, two or three intellectual looking types, exchange pleasantries and the head honcho said something like " we're here to speak about your sons problem".... I which I interjected myself, sternly, somewhere between wild eyed look and controlled rage. I really don't remember everything I said, but apparantly I got my point across and we never had another issue.

I don't know where the father is in this story, but this lady needs some assistance in the form of a screamer.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
  I told my daughter this story and she went bonkers! To clean it up a little,it boils down to"I effing dare them to touch my kids lunch"The schools can use the guidelines when it comes to what they serve not what the child brings from home.

If the whole school gets free lunch then they can mandate that garbage but if the whole school isn't on a program they can't touch the child's lunch,the end.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
“We are not the lunch bag police,” Barnes told McClatchy. “We would never put a child in any type of embarrassing situation. But we are responsible to see that every child gets a nutritious meal.”

Obviously somebody is ... and ... who said?

NC cannot be the only state in which this is happening.  PARENTS!!  Do your jobs!  Find out who is screwing with your authority and, more importantly, your child, and strike them down!!
The only thing schools are responsible for are teaching our children.  They abdicated this responsibility years ago by replacing education with brain washing.  Now this.  Home school, home school, home school.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »
  What no birth control with lunch?

....and no book about "My Two Dads"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
I don't get the whole contraception thing. I figured they would be against contraception, because using it denies a woman the opportunity to partake in the Sacrament of abortion.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 06:01:13 AM »
We need a U.S. Department of Education to enforce these "guidelines"?

Abolish the U.S. Department of Education and this crap will cease to exist. The local boards, starved for cash, prostitute themselves before the Feds in order to get the cash.

"Now be a good little educator and force these "guidelines" on your kids or no money for you."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 07:03:58 AM »
We need a U.S. Department of Education to enforce these "guidelines"?

Abolish the U.S. Department of Education and this crap will cease to exist. The local boards, starved for cash, prostitute themselves before the Feds in order to get the cash.

"Now be a good little educator and force these "guidelines" on your kids or no money for you."

Well never have a republican leader with the gonads to shut down the long lists of programs which start with "dept". Only in my dreams.

If we could, I'd say it would take less than 5 years for the liberal states to destroy themselves.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

Yep, me too.

What no birth control with lunch?

It's coming I'm sure.  Beck had a piece about a mom in Michigan who's mad that her daughter got vaccines without her knowledge.  link

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
Damn these people!  Children, before the age of consent, cannot sign consent forms for medical treatment; their parents have to do that, except for emergency care.  So, where do these statists get off?!  Are there laws somewhere declaring a child has a "right" to privacy from her parents?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
Are there laws somewhere declaring a child has a "right" to privacy from her parents?

Only if she wants an abortion or birth control pills.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 12:56:59 PM »
Are there laws somewhere declaring a child has a "right" to privacy from her parents?

Only if she wants an abortion or birth control pills.

Thaaaat's just great.  So, they get her an abortion and the parents get the hemorrhaging teenage girl.  I'd be looking to kill someone.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »
The pediatricians around here ask the parents to stay in the waiting room when the kid gets to be about 12 and comes in for his/her annual school physical.  This is so the good doctor can talk to the kids about their sexual history and need for birth control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
The pediatricians around here ask the parents to stay in the waiting room when the kid gets to be about 12 and comes in for his/her annual school physical.  This is so the good doctor can talk to the kids about their sexual history and need for birth control.

It's none of the good doctor's gawdamned business.  Do you allow your children to go in alone?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:27 PM »

It's none of the good doctor's gawdamned business.  Do you allow your children to go in alone?

One of the benefits of homeschooling that I wasn't aware of when we started it years ago.  No school physical. 

As far as I can tell my kids are as healthy or healthier than the kids who get physicals.

Anyway, we switched to a family practice doc and I made it clear from the first visit that I go in.  We only go when someone is sick  anyway  so it's not unexpected that a parent would go in.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Lunch-Nazi teacher suspended indefinitely
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »
Nugget-gate teacher suspended indefinitely

The Hoke County, N.C. teacher who made headlines for swapping a preschool student’s homemade lunch with chicken nuggets has been suspended indefinitely.

More at the DC..
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Lunch-Nazi teacher suspended indefinitely
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »
Nugget-gate teacher suspended indefinitely

The Hoke County, N.C. teacher who made headlines for swapping a preschool student’s homemade lunch with chicken nuggets has been suspended indefinitely.

More at the DC..

I don't want the idiot teacher I want her boss and his bosses that put that idiocracy in place.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie