Author Topic: Oprah Screws Up...Gets Caught  (Read 1114 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Oprah Screws Up...Gets Caught
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:35:18 PM »
Oprah has a cable channel. It is called OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) and it gets better ratings (barely) than AlGore's Current channel. But then, what doesn't?

Anyway, Oprah's channel basically sucks and the Nielsen ratings reflect that. So...in a rather pathetic and desperate attempt to improve her ratings, Oprah decides to engage in a little guerrilla marketing campaign. She puts out a tweet to her fans to turn on OWN right now especially if you happen to be one of the 25,000 Nielsen sampled households.

Oprah Winfrey found herself embroiled in a Twitter furor and offered an apology Monday after she took to the microblogging site a day earlier urging her fans -- especially Nielsen households -- to watch her struggling cable channel OWN instead of the Grammy Awards.

"Every 1 who can please turn to OWN especially if u have a Nielsen box," the former talk show host tweeted to more than nine million followers Sunday, just before her new interview show "Oprah's Next Chapter" started, Entertainment Weekly reported.

Her fans are not amused and tweeted back various insulting comments which Oprah can't understand because hey, it's Oprah and everyone is supposed to love her and do whatever she says. Does she apologize to her fans? Heck no! The "apology" only came after Nielsen told her to knock it off and stop trying to influence the ratings...

On Monday morning, Winfrey issued a statement saying, "I removed the tweet at the request of Nielsen. I intended no harm and apologize for the reference."

Prior to that, though, her "apology" was one of those standard lib non-apologies...

Sorry if u're offended.

I hated Oprah's show (which mrs. trapeze would watch more often than not) and I was happy, happy, happy that the damn thing finally died. I hope her crappy OWN network dies quickly and painfully.

LINK

BTW, I don't use Twitter and I never will.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Oprah Screws Up...Gets Caught
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
I haven't checked it scientifically, but it sure seems to me that one could trace the precipitous decline of Oprah Winfrey's public favor to the day she pronounced Barack Hussein Obama "The One". Her brand has never been the same since.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:44:36 AM »
As her ratings contract , her body mass expands exponentially .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
As her ratings contract , her body mass expands exponentially .

Cool, when will she reach terminal expansion and end our misery?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:37:50 AM »
She already has a small system of moons and planetary rings in orbit about her equator.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
She already has a small system of moons and planetary rings in orbit about her equator.
Don't mistake fallen foodstuffs (ringdings) for actual satelites. ::laughonfloor::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.