Author Topic: Well, at least Bill Maher is consistently hateful of all religion  (Read 1743 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I can't find anything good about this Leftist piece of scat. But apparently he applies his hatred of religion consistently to Islam, unlike the Left as a whole.

HT: gatewaypundit...

Bill Maher to Muslim Rep. Keith Ellison: The Koran Is a “Hate-Filled Holy Book” (Video)

Bill Maher to Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison (D-MN):[blockquote]“I would say the threat from radicalized Muslims is a unique and greater threat. It is the greatest threat. Let me give you the reasons why I jotted down why.

One. It’s been going on a thousand years, this problem Islam and the West. We’re dealing with a culture that is in its medieval era.

It comes from a hate-filled holy book, the Koran, which is taken very literally by its people.

They are trying to get nuclear weapons. I don’t think Timothy McVeigh would ever try to get a nuclear weapon because I think right-wing nuts, they think they love this country and they are not trying to destroy this country. They want to get it away from the people that they see as hijacking it. That’s different than Muslim extremists who want to destroy it.”[/blockquote]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Well, at least Bill Maher is consistently hateful of all religion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
Well he ought to know - like recognizing like.  He wants as well to destroy this country, just from the opposite end of the spectrum.

Broken clock.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Well, at least Bill Maher is consistently hateful of all religion
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
Indeed.  Ellison & Maher desire the same ends by different means.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.