Author Topic: disable your google history  (Read 1259 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
disable your google history
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
Y'all probably already know this but thought I'd remind anyone who hasn't done this yet.

I try to avoid google so I use startpage for searching. 

But dang if I don't go to sign in  for something and it will ask if I want to use my google/gmail account to sign in.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-you-might-want-to-delete-your-google-browser-history-before-next-week/
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: disable your google history
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »
I'd never "signed in" for anything at G00gle, as far as password/login; is there anything to modify in that case?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
I'd never "signed in" for anything at G00gle, as far as password/login; is there anything to modify in that case?

I don't think so then.  I have gmail, twitter and youtube so I did it. I think those are all linked.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »
Y'all probably already know this but thought I'd remind anyone who hasn't done this yet.

I try to avoid google so I use startpage for searching. 

But dang if I don't go to sign in  for something and it will ask if I want to use my google/gmail account to sign in.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-you-might-want-to-delete-your-google-browser-history-before-next-week/

Just don't sign in and you should aquire no history.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »
I made the mistake of signing up for a gmail account at one point. When I discovered how insidious gargoyle is I backwatered it and only use it for spam stuff now. I followed the instructions and saw that it had cached search stuff but it dated back several years.

Startpage rules!

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »
I made the mistake of signing up for a gmail account at one point. When I discovered how insidious gargoyle is I backwatered it and only use it for spam stuff now. I followed the instructions and saw that it had cached search stuff but it dated back several years.

Startpage rules!

Just sign in when you are getting mail and then sign out. Don't stay signed in.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »

[blockquote]
How do I know if I have a Google Account?

A Google Account is a single email and password you can use to access all Google services you've signed up for. If you use services like Gmail, Google Groups, Google Alerts, or iGoogle, you probably already have a Google Account.

To see whether you have a Google Account, visit the Google Accounts homepage. Enter an email and password you use often in the sign-in box. If we don't recognize any email addresses you enter, you likely don't have a Google Account.

If you don't have a Google Account or still aren't sure, you can create a new Google Account when you choose your Google Affiliate Network sign in information.

We recommend that you maintain separate Google Accounts for business and personal use. [/blockquote]

Right, simply give us all your passwords and email addresses and we'll tell you whether you have an account with us.  Do not worry all submitted information will promptly be logged deleted.
                                                                                                                                 ::hysterical::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
Startpage rules!

I've been using Dogpile with very good results. ::cool::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
Startpage rules!

I've been using Dogpile with very good results. ::cool::

Yes, I added that one in so I can choose it from the (Firefox) dropdown.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
Dogpile has worked well for me for many years now.  Been using Startpage too, seems to find stuff just fine too!
 ::thumbsup::

Google can KMA!   ::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.