Author Topic: Ron Paul - U.S. "Slipping Into a Fascist System"  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ron Paul - U.S. "Slipping Into a Fascist System"
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Ron Paul: U.S. ‘Slipping Into a Fascist System’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ron-paul-u-s-slipping-into-a-fascist-system/

“Now we‘re slipping into a fascist system where it’s a combination of government and big business and authoritarian rule and the suppression of the individual rights of each and every American citizen.”

I call BS on Ron's blanket condemnation of all business, regardless of size, as being part of the slip into Facsism!  He sounds just like a loony-toon Leftist when he says this crap!  If he cannot tell the crony capitalists from the real capitalists then he is simply derranged!  His batsh*t crazy supporters are always spouting off about the MIC and Jews with broad condemnations...if this is what Paul subscribes to and if these "supporters" are typical of the kind of people he would appoint as POTUS then I see little point in swapping out one crew of crazy f**kers for another!

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ron Paul - U.S. "Slipping Into a Fascist System"
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »
I don't see that he's condemning all business of all sizes, Libertas; he said a combination of government and big business (I read that as "some") and he's right, his other batsht crazy statements and supporters notwithstanding.

Let me give you one example of what I mean; many of the big companies have bought lock, stock and barrel into the "di-VER-sity is our strength" bullspit resulting in an adverse affect on many of their employees.  These are policies inculcated and mandated by Federal and State governments which are, in effect, now virtually running the hiring/firing/HR departments, and the businesses go along to avoid the EEOC, DOJ, EPA, NLRB coming down on them like a ton of bricks.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
He missed that one by about 37 months! ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 03:58:06 PM »
You would be right if he said "some" he didn't so all are tarnished by his statement right wrong or indifferent.  I would like a specific accounting...Goldman, these solar boondoggles etc.  I agree there should have been more business pushback on all the liberal gobbledegook coming out of DC, but it's not like there is anybody willing to stick their neck out to support them.  The GOP has all but capitulated on this crap so is the response of business surprising?  Plus, everyone sees accomodation cheaper than legal fees, so the corrupt justice system has a share of this blame as well.  If I had to choose Big anything I'd take business over government any day.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 04:06:02 PM »
You would be right if he said "some" he didn't so all are tarnished by his statement right wrong or indifferent.  I would like a specific accounting...Goldman, these solar boondoggles etc.  I agree there should have been more business pushback on all the liberal gobbledegook coming out of DC, but it's not like there is anybody willing to stick their neck out to support them.  The GOP has all but capitulated on this crap so is the response of business surprising?  Plus, everyone sees accomodation cheaper than legal fees, so the corrupt justice system has a share of this blame as well.  If I had to choose Big anything I'd take business over government any day.

You're right; he didn't say some, but I still say he's more right than wrong about it and the rest of your post reinforces my point.

At one time, I thought the same as you about choosing anything over government; today, in many areas there is no longer any real choice.  Think about the State and Federal mandates on the manufacture and importation of ANYTHING.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »

You're right; he didn't say some, but I still say he's more right than wrong about it and the rest of your post reinforces my point.

At one time, I thought the same as you about choosing anything over government; today, in many areas there is no longer any real choice.  Think about the State and Federal mandates on the manufacture and importation of ANYTHING.

The target rich environment is in DC - politicians, lobbyists & lawyers...send them all to the bottom of the ocean and start over.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »

The target rich environment is in DC - politicians, lobbyists & lawyers...send them all to the bottom of the ocean and start over.

Yup; that's how we get the rent-seekers, by DC selling what is not theirs to sell --- but let's not forget Imelt and his ilk.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

Yup; that's how we get the rent-seekers, by DC selling what is not theirs to sell --- but let's not forget Imelt and his ilk.

Yes, the practioners of crony capitalism that thrive on access and exception, the two-faced hyenias I would like skinned and nailed on walls.  Nope, I won't forget them.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

Yes, the practioners of crony capitalism that thrive on access and exception, the two-faced hyenias I would like skinned and nailed on walls.  Nope, I won't forget them.

That might just happen as soon as the worm turns.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »
"The F word" (fascism) gets thrown around a lot, usually as a term to tar one's political opposition with, and most often by the political Left against anyone to their Right (missing once again the irony that fascism is a left wing movement).

But there is some truth in saying the US is morphing into a fascist economy. Rather than the clear delineation between public and private, between government and industry, we are seeing more and more Frankenstein amalgams.  Take the massive explosion of the regulatory bureaucracy for instance.  Though it imposes an undeniable burden on the conduct of business, some of its biggest enablers are the large businesses themselves.  They see it as part of the cost of doing business, and one that raises the platform out of reach of would-be competitors.  We also now have a Federal executive branch out and out issuing edicts on what will be produced, by whom, and how much it should cost.

I don't really know another word for it. If the shoe fits.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
If we can get these clowns out of power, we may be lucky if that happens, we could see a huge swing of the pendulum in the other direction that may be so large that it falls off permanantly at which point the founders started off at 1789. We can re-invent America using their dream as the basis all the while avoiding the unpleasantness of slavery and non excise taxes such as income.

We'll have much in the way of resistance from the left but we'd have their failed model to refer back when they get to upidy.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 07:24:35 AM »
The solutions are obvious - defunding the federal beast and all it's tentacles, reversing the ruin the trial lawyers of wrought, making government subject to the same laws the people are meant to endure...nothing short of a full restoration of constitutional republicanism.  But the will has been nil and here we are at this crossroads. Everybody as hard choices coming, you make the right one or you don't...or you have your choice made for you by the events engulfing you...either way, that reckoning is coming, it is a juggernaut that cannot be avoided or denied.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »
BIG Business.  He's right.  No one likes a mandate or a new rule more than a BIG Business.  BIG Business' are big enough to absorb whatever retardation leftist morons have in store for America.  It's small business that can't.

That's been the Euro model for a long time. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:02 PM »
The hardcore Libertarian's are already prepping to circumvent the process, they know (maybe not for all the right reasons...their never-ending "conspiracy" theories both annoy me and make me laugh) Ron Paul will not get the GOP nomination (The E-GOP wants Romney no matter what) so he is another "out" for Libertarian's -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-presidents-day-why-cant-we-nominate-our-own-president-we-can-we-are

Americans Elect!   ::)

I fail to see what ZH has to gain by offering up this stupid article, other than to prep the PaulBots to take their marbles and go home.  So the math in the POTUS stakes gets interesting, between the anti-ABR & PaulBot factions, Romney appears to have zero chance of beating Obama.  Since the E-GOP is incapable of accepting this math, they will not let up pushing their man.  This could be a total fustercluck by November, and since ROn has zero control over his base, even if he endorsed someone, millions would not listen.

ETA - One comment at ZH says this Americans Elect thing is run by a Soros puppet, makes it even more ridiculous why ZH posted this stupid article!