Author Topic: What 8th graders learn from their textbooks  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
What 8th graders learn from their textbooks
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
The following is an excerpt from an 8th grade geography textbook issued to students in New South Wales, Australia. It is assuredly typical of others throughout the Western world.

Despite overwhelming scientific evidence that the planet is warming, there are still people who deny that is a result of human activity. The most vocal of these deniers are conservative political thinktanks and the right-wing radio 'shock jocks.'
Fortunately, a new generation of world leaders is taking global warming seriously. In the United States of America, President Barack Obama is working to reduce America's reliance on fossil fuels and is providing leadership in international efforts to reduce CO2 emissionsā€¦In Australia, the Rudd Labor Government is legislating for a Carbon Pollution Reduction Schemeā€¦.

The deliberate rotting of young minds by these educrats is nothing less than a crime against humanity. I have no reservation about saying they should be held to account in the worst possible way once the artificiality of their elite, protected status is made readily apparent.

These excerpts are such brazen and unashamed political propaganda, promotion of scientific fraud as scientific fact, that words can't really even adequately describe the scale of the crime.  That they can so freely and blatantly present opinion as objective fact is furthermore a testament to just how successful they have been in stamping intellectual curiosity from the minds of their captive charges, because a truly educated mind would immediately want evidence to support such claims.

H/T: Small Dead Animals

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: What 8th graders learn from their textbooks
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »
The world would simply be better off if liars and propagandists ceased to exist. They ain't gonna kill themselves.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
A comment at the link:

"Piano wire...lamp posts...some assembly required."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:48:36 PM »
I'd like to use these propagandists as props illustrating the principle of gravity as I toss them off rooftops...but I've always been a glass half full kinda guy... (snort!  chortle!)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Why are these parasites still allowed to draw a breath?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »
Why are these parasites still allowed to draw a breath?

This is the kind of thing I was questioning on the other thread; this is the "science" Heartland supposedly wants out of the classroom?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"