Author Topic: "allah is great" screamer arrested on Continental flight to Houston  (Read 3778 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Two Middle Eastern men" on a Continental flight from Portland to Houston.

One of them was causing the major portion of the trouble. "He was screaming, 'Allah is great, Allah is great,' you know, and it kinda worries you when all of that happens..." says a passenger on the flight in the video above.

The KHOU story (thanks to Robert) doesn't mention this, and says the flight turned around and landed back in Portland because one of them wouldn't obey the "No Smoking" sign.

Also in the video above: "TSA did tell 11 News that it was not a security issue." Uh huh. It never is. Go back to sleep, folks.

Vid at link.

H/T Gateway Pundit
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "allah is great" screamer arrested on Continental flight to Houston
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
And both (especially the screamer) are still upright?  If I was on that plane that bastard would at least need a set of new teeth and some bones re-set!

::gaah::

My boycott of the manned missile industry remains intact!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
I fly, at least 3-4 times a year. I always scope out any Arab or Muslim looking people, and look them in the eye if they'll make eye contact, just so they know that someone is looking. I watch them in the gate area before boarding, see how they move, who they talk to, what they spend their wait-time doing.

Then once on board the plane, I take note of people boarding as best I can, where they sit, and who is sitting with them. After the plane reaches cruising altitude, I get up and walk the length of the aisle, ostensibly to use the restroom in the rear of the plane, but sometimes if I'm seated in the rear I'll have to walk all the way forward and then work my way back, which draws looks from other passengers now and then, but oh well. On my way back, I do my scoping once again. I do this hoping to make direct eye contact with the same Muslims I made eye contact with in the gate, if there are any.

I have no idea if this is a practice useful enough to merit the effort, but it makes me feel better to have some situational awareness, even if I'm not fully equipped to deal with an event.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »
  Dry run. Not a security issue my ass.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
Exactly.  Very predictable now:

'slims screaming "allahu akbar" - not a security issue

'slims killing people (while screaming "allahu akbar") - lone wolf/"workplace violence"

Blacks killing Whites and Asians while issuing racial slurs - not a "hate crime"

OWS - peaceful Leftist TEA Party

TEA Party - racist terrorists
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Up is down, down is up, evil is good, good is evil...all in a Leftists normal twisted day...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:49:01 PM by Libertas »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
Apparently the airline incident was Act ll

"Saudi teen arrested again after disrupting flight"

On Sunday, Abunayyan reportedly was spinning circles in a car on Siskiyou Boulevard, driving erratically, and trying to run over pedestrians. He led police on a 20-minute chase back and forth through town, ramming two police cars before high-centering his car on a dirt embankment at the dead end of Clear Creek Drive. He was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of intoxicants, reckless driving, eluding police, two charges of first-degree criminal mischief, three charges of hit and run, six charges of reckless endangerment, and two charges of assault on an officer, but posted 10 percent on his $65,000 bail.

— Associated Press and staff reports

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120222/NEWS07/202220355

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »
I fly, at least 3-4 times a year. I always scope out any Arab or Muslim looking people, and look them in the eye if they'll make eye contact, just so they know that someone is looking. I watch them in the gate area before boarding, see how they move, who they talk to, what they spend their wait-time doing.

. . .

You do this wearing that "Muslims Suck" T-shirt?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
Up is down, down is up, evil is good, good is evil...all in a Leftists normal twisted day...
I have said that many times.
Save the whales, kill the babies: The Liberal Credo

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »

. . .

You do this wearing that "Muslims Suck" T-shirt?

Or -

"I H8 Mohammad and love pork!"

;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
I have said that many times.
Save the whales, kill the babies: The Liberal Credo

Being a liberal apparently means being immune to cognitive dissonance...   ::)

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »
On a related note:
A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that look like prayer mats. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »
 ::evilbat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 07:52:47 AM »
 ::danceban::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »
On a related note:
A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that look like prayer mats. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

To get by security in airports, I always thought it a good business idea to sell paper burquas in a kiosk, so you will be given a pass thru. 5 bucks, no fuss.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.