Author Topic: Facebook parenting for the troubled teen ....  (Read 3736 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Facebook parenting for the troubled teen ....
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »
This story was all over the local radio "news" today.  There are some busybody idiots who want the Dad charged ... with something, anything.  Unfortunately for them, he broke no laws.

Fer cryin' out loud!  This is the country we live in now; the guy shot up a piece of electronic equipment that belonged to him, on his property, and people are screeching for his arrest as though he did something criminal.

A$$holes.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 09:50:57 AM »
This story was all over the local radio "news" today.  There are some busybody idiots who want the Dad charged ... with something, anything.  Unfortunately for them, he broke no laws.

Fer cryin' out loud!  This is the country we live in now; the guy shot up a piece of electronic equipment that belonged to him, on his property, and people are screeching for his arrest as though he did something criminal.

A$$holes.

I find myself blurting out the bolded portion, in exasperation, 50 times a day now. It nauseates me to hear or see indulgences in the whole mythology of America anymore, not because I find it the domain of "nationalistic simpletons" as the Left does, but because there is now such a glaring contrast between the myth and reality, and people's apparent obliviousness sets me off. For example, any major sporting event that starts with the national anthem.  Does anyone seriously, honestly believe we are anything like "the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" anymore?

Here's another "this is the country we live in now" moment: LA County in California has now made it illegal to throw a frisbee or football on the beach. At the freakin' beach. They've also made it illegal to dig into the sand more than 18" without a permit. Ah yes, the Laaaand of the Freeeee (who require permission from Nanny to wipe their asses) and the Hoooome of the Braaaaave (who timidly bend over and take it without so much as a whimper of protest).

Adam Carolla has a great rant on the new beach restrictions and how they're an encapsulation of how badly things have deteriorated in this "Land of the Free".  Language warning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Y6z_aPIjww
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »
Pretty good rant.  Language no worse than can be heard 'round here when I get going (no children or pets are harmed by the blue-streak).

Speaking of the beach:  when my Father was young, his Mother would take him and seven or eight of the other kids (there were twelve) out of Newark to "the beach" in NJ (there are a few small towns on the bay there) for the weekend.  They would camp on the beach -- small tent -- and cook on the beach -- small fire.  Seventy/seventy-five years ago, one could do that and no one would bother you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
Good rant. The one universal truth in all of this is that it is the leftists who dream up these fascist rules and squishy pubbies who let them get away with it. We would save so much time and paperwork if we just outlawed liberals.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
My first thought on that ridiculous beach stuff was it is too bad millions of Californian's don't have the guts to go out in droves to the beaches and start throwing all manner of things around and dare the anti-fun nazi's to round them all up!  Start calling their bluff and get them to either back down or expose their true nature.  I've had enough of this BS, apparently most people don't share that sentiment.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »
My first thought on that ridiculous beach stuff was it is too bad millions of Californian's don't have the guts to go out in droves to the beaches and start throwing all manner of things around and dare the anti-fun nazi's to round them all up!  Start calling their bluff and get them to either back down or expose their true nature.  I've had enough of this BS, apparently most people don't share that sentiment.

It does make one wonder -- what does it take to get people out of their stupor?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »

Hunger or Cold.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »

Hunger or Cold.

Some days I'm not sure that's enough.

Kind of like the frog that starts out in the pot of cold water and never notices the water as it gradually begins to boil.
Eventually, cooked frog.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

Hunger or Cold.

Kind of like the frog that starts out in the pot of cold water and never notices the water as it gradually begins to boil.
Eventually, cooked frog.

Hmmm, taste like chicken?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »

Hunger or Cold.

Eventually, cooked frog.

You think libs would be that tasty?  Might need some ketchup.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »

Hunger or Cold.

Eventually, cooked frog.

You think libs would be that tasty?  Might need some ketchup.

Even tabasco couldn't help libs.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
Even a long spicy marinade would fail!   ::hysterical::