Author Topic: And the police unions et al say CCW & Castle Laws will bring the old west out!  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The rank and file cops used to not be well-represented by the brass and the unions.  I don't know if that still holds true.  Kevin Baker, of The Smallest Minority blog, calls them "the only ones ...." because the anti-gunners among them believe they're "the only ones" who are capable and responsible ::snort:: enough to keep and bear arms.  Then they're caught behaving in ways that one would judge them as being "the only ones" who should be disarmed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
...CCW & Castle Laws will bring the old west out!

we can hope!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
I've been retired from law enforcement for 10 years now.  I know the cops I worked with didn't pay much attention to the unions except when they negotiated a contract.  I can't speak for the new generation though.  I'm afraid like a lot of the younger generations, they have been brain washed by our great public school system and our institutions of higher(?) education.  I know when I was working the street, we didn't have a problem with an honest citizen legally carrying a gun.  If some think the "Old West" will come back, that might not be such a bad thing.  As Mark Twain once said; "An armed society, is a polite society." ::rockets::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The rank and file cops used to not be well-represented by the brass and the unions.  I don't know if that still holds true.  Kevin Baker, of The Smallest Minority blog, calls them "the only ones ...." because the anti-gunners among them believe they're "the only ones" who are capable and responsible ::snort:: enough to keep and bear arms.  Then they're caught behaving in ways that one would judge them as being "the only ones" who should be disarmed.

Yes, that term certainly caught fire on all the gun forums I used to frequent a few years ago.  The eponymous incident (starting at the 0:31 mark specifically):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWWJaTEdD0&t=31s
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Well said, Delta Force.

As a reminder:  when the citizens hire police, we subcontract the job of keeping the peace.  We do NOT, however, relinquish our right to self-defense or to police the community. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
I am reminded of the saying (paraphrased):
If you need protection now the police are only 30 minutes away

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
I'm reminded of another saying:  "The next time you need help, call a Hippie."

My favorite anacronym: Pride Integrity Guts Service.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Well said, Delta Force.

As a reminder:  when the citizens hire police, we subcontract the job of keeping the peace.  We do NOT, however, relinquish our right to self-defense or to police the community. 

I agree!   ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I'm reminded of another saying:  "The next time you need help, call a Hippie."

My favorite anacronym: Pride Integrity Guts Service.

Call a hippie!   ::hysterical::

And here's to your service!   ::beertoast::

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
And here's to your service!   

Thank you.  It was truly my privilege.   ::beertoast::