Author Topic: RFID  (Read 965 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
RFID
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
I'm sure many are already aware of this, I've been using RFID protected wallets and sleeves for a few years now, first one I hand made out of aluminum foil & duct tape.  IDstronghold is good, there are other outfits as well.

WTHR_The Risk inside your credit card
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: RFID
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »

Visa replaced mine with a no-chip card.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »
Jeesh, I wonder if I have a case to sue someone?!  I had a couple voicemails at home, I returned them today, questionable activity on one of my credit cards...called the bank and they said a clown got a hold of it somehow (?) and racked up charges in Germany & Finland!  Sending some affadavit for me to fill out, I would really like to know how they did this, couldn't have been scanned.  This smells like somebody I may have done business with online had somebody doing something not nice with my number!  I'm going to go over my records and see where I've been to with this damn thing!

::cussing::   ::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::rockets::   ::cussing::   ::laserkill::   ::cussing::   ::asskicking::   ::cussing::   ::guillotine::   ::cussing::   ::seagalvseals::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »
Aw hell, Libertas; I hope you can get it straightened out.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
thanks for the reminder.  None of my cards have it but I'm sending the video on to family.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »
I did have to look just to be sure that I didn't have one (I don't). I get the impression that right now they're optional/voluntary but that they will probably want to "fix" that in the future.

I did discover that I do have a (employer provided) RFID chipped gas card. As far as I know it doesn't have any personal info about me on it (checking).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:28 PM »
I checked my statement, did a bunch of recent (mostly online) purchases with well known outfits.  Somebody has a bad egg on staff!   ::outrage::